Chapter 19

After I walked little bit away from the house I shifted into my wolf and started to run back to our territory. But I couldn't shake the feeling that I was being followed. I stopped and I looked around. I couldn't smell anything of the ordinary just normal forest smells. I started to feel scared so I continued running and then I upped it to a sprint. I could sense whatever it was keeping up with me. 

When I crossed the border into the pack territory I could feel that I was alone. A wolf patrolling the perimeter can up to me and sniffed me. Then kept trotting along the border once they realized I was part of the pack.

I jogged over to the pack house and once I shifted back to a human I pulled out my phone to text my dad that I would be at Claudia's house. Before I knocked on the door I made sure my hair was covering Claudia's mark. I was just about to knock when the door swung open and Claudia was standing before in a gray sweatshirt and basketball shorts. She pulled me towards her and kissed me. I felt tingles spread throughout my body. 

Our foreheads rested against each other and I whispered "Hi." 

"Hey." she said and pulled me inside.

"Hi Rose. Do you want to try my new cupcake recipe?" Ann said as we walked into the kitchen. I nodded. It would rude to say no. 

"Mommm. Rose is my friend stop trying to steal her." Claudia whined.

"Honey I'm not trying to steal you mate from you. Relax." I gasped. How did she know? I look up at Claudia and she looked surprised as well. 

"Honey don't look so surprised, I can see you mark on her." I reach touch my neck expecting to feel my hair but instead I just feel my skin and I quickly cover it but Claudia brushes away my hair with a satisfied smile. 

"I'm a little offended that you didn't tell me that you found you mate Claudia. But you know your brother is going to be so upset that you didn't tell him." Claudia rolled her eyes 

"He'll live." 

"So will your father." Claudia snorted 

"He'll live too." 

"Who'll live?" Claudia's father said walking into the kitchen. 

"You, when you find out what happened and what Claudia didn't tell you." Ann said with a satisfied look on her face.

 Brian narrowed his eyes, "What didn't you tell me Claudia?" 

"I found my mate and I marked them." Claudia said confidently and I blushed. 

"How long ago sweetie?" he asked. Claudia shrugged 

"A couple of days ago I found them and I mated with them last night." My face turned even more red. 

"And pray tell who is your mate?" 

"She standing right next to me." Claudia said and pulled me closer to her. 

Her father was just looking at me blankly and then smiled. "Rose welcome to the family." he walked over to me and hugged me and then glared at Claudia.

"If you hurt this girl you are dead meat. Do you understand?" he threatened.

Claudia looked surprised "Why are you threatening me? I'm your daughter. Shouldn't it be Rose you threatening?" Brian laughed.

"Nope. Rose couldn't hurt a fly." Now it was my turn to glare at Brian. 

"Hey." I signed and everyone laughed.

"Have you told your brother yet?" Brian asked.  Claudia shook her head. 

"Ooo he's going to be madd." Claudia just laughed and pulled me to the steps and yelled back down "Ok I get it, Jake's going to be mad. Now leave us alone."

We entered Claudia's room and sat down on the bed. 

"I'm sorry about my parents." 

"It's ok." Claudia gave me a look

"Did you stop talking to me?" 

I took a breath "Sorry I sign so much that I'm used to it and sometimes I just sign instead of talk." 

"Don't be sorry. I'm the one who should be sorry." 

My eyes locked on Claudia's beautiful indigo eyes. Claudia leaned forward and kissed me. We broke apart and looked at each other. 

"You look stunning you know that?" she murmured.