Chapter 20

She kissed me again. Our foreheads rested against each other and I smiled. 

"What are you smiling at?" Claudia asked. 

"I just can't believe that I found you. I never thought I would." Claudia kissed me again. 

"I'm glad I found you too." I leaned closer to her and she pulled me into a weird hug and I laughed. 

I rested my head in Claudia's lap, "Tell me something I don't know." I ask looking up at the paper cranes hanging from her ceiling. 

"Hmmm. Ok I have minor anger issues. It used to be really bad when I was younger but I got it under control most of the time." I grabbed her face and pulled it to mine and kissed her. Claudia let out a little laughing then leaned back up against her wall.

"Tell me something I don't know about you." 

I closed my eyes thinking. When I opened them again I said "Once I read 6 books in one day." 

"Wow I could never." she said surprised.

We kept talking until I felt my phone vibrate. I started to panic but Claudia started rubbing my shoulders which calmed me down a bit. I took out my phone and saw that it was my dad calling. 

"Dad?" 

"Hey sweetie I'm sorry to be bothering you while you're at Claudia's house but do you mind coming home?" 

"Is everything ok dad?" 

"Something-" I heard his voice break and I cut him off.

"It's fine dad I'm on my way now." I say and I hang up.

"I'm sorry that I have to go." 

"No it's ok. But I'm going to walk you home." There was no room for questioning in her statement so I didn't fight it. We got up and went down the million flights of stairs. 

"Mom I'm walking Rose home." Claudia yelled.

"Rose, honey you should just live with us." 

"Shut it ma." Claudia yelled back and we left the Alpha's house. 

Claudia took my hand while we were walking back, "Whatever it is I'm here for you ok? Don't shut me out." 

I nod "Ok." 

As we approached my house I saw that one of the windows were broken and I could smell and unfamiliar scent. My dad was sitting on the porch and Jake was there looking around the outside of the house. 

I let go of Claudia's hand and ran to my dad. 

"What happened?" I signed urgently. 

"Someone broke in."

 I could hear the fear in his voice. I guess he didn't want what happened to my mother happen to me. I was scared too but I hugged him. 

Claudia walked over to Jake and they started talking in low voices. I couldn't hear them but I could tell it was getting heated. 

"Well they can't stay here!" Claudia yelled. 

"Yes I understand your point but it could have been and animal. I don't think we should over react. I'll post a guard  to patrol a half mile from the house to make sure it was nothing. But Claudia you're over reacting." Jake argued.

Me and dad were sitting next to each other on the porch when he turned to me with a slightly sad smile, "I see you found your mate." I look away embarrassed. 

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you." 

"It's ok Rose, I still love you." 

"I love you too." He wrapped his arms around me when he let go the sad expression was gone. 

"So the alpha's sister huh? I'm assuming that you were safe." 

"Dad!" I say laughing and slap him playfully. 

We looked back at Jake and Claudia and it looked like she was getting really mad. I wanted so badly to calm her down but I also didn't want to leave my dad. 

"Go ahead." I look over at my dad surprised. 

"Go before they tear each other apart." 

I got up and walked to where Claudia and Jake were fighting and I wrapped my arms around Claudia's waist from behind. I could feel her relax and start to calm down. 

"How about we ask Michael what he wants to do." Jake said.

When my dad heard his name he look over at us and Jake waved him over. 

"Michael what do you want to do?" 

My father glanced at me and sighed "Whatever you think is best alpha." 

Claudia broke free from my embrace and stormed away from the house and I hurried to follow her.