Chapter 8

"Did anything interesting happen at school today?" dad asked over dinner. "No." I say looking down at my food. 

Dad could always tell when I was lying and I couldn't hide anything from him. 

"Are you sure?" 

"Yes." I say looking anywhere but at him.

 "Rose." he said giving me a look. 

"Fine. I got second place in a race for once." I say.

 "Is that all?" I put a piece of pork in my mouth and nodded. 

"Whatever you say Rose." dad said and he dropped the subject. 

The next day as I was walking down the hallway someone pulled me into a closet. 

"I'm sorry pulled you in here I just wanted to do this." 

I could feel Claudia kiss me slowly. But it quickly turned into a hungry kiss. We broke away panting and then we heard the bell ring. 

"Dammit." she said. 

I wish I could see her so I could sign and I wasn't ready to talk to her yet. So instead I hugged her tightly. 

"We're going to be late." she said but I could here that she didn't want to leave yet. I reluctantly nodded and we exited the closet.

As I was sitting in class I realized something, why did she pull me into a closet instead of just kissing me in the hallway. Was she ashamed of me? My heart started pound and I could feel an anxiety attack coming so I raised my hand and signed if I could use the bathroom. The teacher nodded and I rushed out of the room. I an to the bathroom and went into a stall and sank to the floor. Does she even like me? Are we even mates? She's going to reject me isn't she. I started to hyperventilate I tried to get my breathing under control but I just couldn't. I don't have any anxiety medicine anymore because the attacks stopped for awhile.

I could feel someone sink down next to me and put there arms around me. 

"Shhh it's okay your okay." Claudia whispered and I immediately started to calm down. 

I turned to her "How did you know I was here?" I sign. 

"I could feel it through our bond." I stiffen up. 

"Are you ok now? What was wrong."

 "Yeah I'm fine now. It was nothing."  

"Are you sure?" I nod and smile.

"Could we stay like this for little while?" Claudia asked looking at me a little nervously. I don't respond, I just cuddle into her side. 

We stayed like that for awhile until someone walked into the bathroom. I stood up quickly and looked back down at Claudia. She looked a little annoyed but stood up anyway and we exited the stall. "What were you guy do-" the girl starts but Claudia cuts her off with a low growl and pushes past her pulling me with her. 

"Sorry." I sign. 

When I get home my dad was waiting for me and there was no dinner cooking. 

"Dad what's going on?" I ask quietly. 

 "The alpha's family invited us over for dinner so go change." I nod and head upstairs. 

My heart starts to pound with the thought of seeing Claudia again. I dress in a nicer and not as oversized sweater  and different leggings. I brush my hair and put on some mascara and head downstairs. As I approached dad I asked if I looked ok. 

"You look fine sweetie don't worry." he said with a reassuring smile.

"Thank you." I say. 

"Do you need anything else?" I shook my head and we went out the door and walked to the alpha's house to have dinner with Claudia and her family.