Chapter 7

When we rounded around the corner on our fourteenth lap, somehow I got ahead of Claudia and I ended up crossing the finish line first. I threw myself on the ground panting and once I caught my breath I sat up and Claudia was staring at me. 

"You let me win didn't you." I say through our mind link. 

"Maybe I did maybe I didn't." 

"I knew there was no way I beat the alpha's sister." 

"Your pretty fast, I didn't think you would keep up." she said jokingly. I laughed. 

Once everyone was done their laps we all gathered around the teacher, Mr. Brent, (which was kind of hard considering that there was a bunch of big wolves crowding around one man) called us all over to tell us the we were doing obstacle courses and races today and to go find a partner. I hated partner things usually I just let the other person do the project or I did the whole project. I started to get nervous who was going to pick me to be on their team? I noticed that a bunch of people went up to Claudia to asking to be her partner. I unconsciously growled softly but then quickly looked away. 

"Sorry guys I'm not going to be your partners I already have a partner." Claudia says and bumps up against me. I smile "

Thanks for choosing me to be your partner." I say through our mind link. 

"Don't sweat it." she said with a grin. 

As the races started we were coming second or third and I felt bad because she is so athletic and probably would've came in first if not for me holding her back.But I was still happy that she picked me to be her partner. After class was over we shifted back and me and Claudia walked to our next classes. 

As we walked up to her class before she went in she leaned over and said "You have a very beautiful wolf." and walked into her class. 

I blushed and hurried to my next class. 

As I was getting out my note book at the end of the day a note fell from it. 

Meet me by the back of the school after the bell.

I don't know who put it there but I had a strangely good feeling about it. I'll go a little bit late and see who it is so I don't get jumped or something. 

After what seemed like forever the bell finally rang and I forced myself to walk slowly out of school and around to the back. As I peaked around the corner I saw Claudia waiting anxiously. My heart started pounding. 

I walk around the corner and sign "Claudia." But she wasn't looking in my direction. 

So I sigh. And she snapped her head around to face me.

 "Rose I'm glad you came." 

"Why did you ask me to meet you?" 

"I just wanted to do one thing." she said and walked over to me and smashed her lips on to mine. 

I was shocked but I got over it and kissed back hungrily. 

When we broke apart Claudia looked at me sheepishly "I've wanted to do that for awhile now but I didn't know how to approach you." 

I looked and then back up to her and kissed her again.  The sparks I felt were amazing and I've never felt like this before. It felt right.  We broke apart again and smiled at her and she pulled me into her arms. Just being in her arms was comfortable and I never wanted to leave. 

"We should probably head home soon." Claudia whispered in my ear and I nodded.

She walked me to my house and at the front door she gave me a quick hug and kissed me on the cheek. I looked up at her with puppy eyes. 

"I don't want to leave you yet." I sign looking down blushing. 

"I'll see you tomorrow okay?" I nod reluctantly. 

"See you." she said and with another quick kiss on the cheek she walked away.