Kinkade x James, I will protect you

"James!? James! answer me please! James!"

the day started normal the blue sky was beautiful and the sun was shiny making it hot out but still beautiful. I was working on one of the ships we needed for a mission, zarkon was going to attack, we all knew it was going to happen so we needed to prepare. I kept working and then heard footsteps I looked back and saw my beautiful boyfriend, james. I smiled and he sat by me handing me some water "hey, how's the ship doing?" james asked and drank his water. I drank my water and then let out a sigh "it's still not doing well, the last fight got it broken pretty bad" I say and chuckle kissing james gently. james kissed back he hugged me "well, I trust that you can fix it" james says and I smile holding him close. 'fuck I love him so much' I think and sigh softly holding him close and gently as I drank my water. I loved james so much and he was mine and only mine, I couldn't lose him, not now, not ever.

later at night

I was laying with james in bed I held him close and sighed thinking about zarkon, about the fight, about my boyfriend, would he get hurt? would I lose him?.  it all went thru my head and I got a headache groaning I hid my face in james neck and james turned to me he cuddled me and kissed my cheek "It's going to be ok, I'm here" james said and I smiled hugging him I kissed his head "I love you" I say and james smiled "I love you too" james said and I covered him up before he fell asleep. I looked outside it was still light out but not super light, it had gotten colder. I sighed and closed my eyes trying to sleep and not worry. I slowly fell asleep and held james close, maybe it would all be okay, just maybe. 

morning

I woke up and yawned not seeing james I knew he showering and I got up walking to the bathroom I undressed and got in the shower I wrapped my arm's around james and kissed his cheek "morning" I say and nuzzle my face in his neck, james chuckles "morning" james said and I smiled letting go of him I washed his hair and he smiled blushing lightly. we both got cleaned up and then got out drying off we dressed. "I have to go work on that ship, be careful , bye love you" I say and kiss james before walking away "bye love you!" I hear james yell and I chuckle walking to where the ship is at the fixing garage I rolled up my sleeves and got to work.  

a while later I was thirsty and james hadn't visited me yet, I sighed and got up walking out of the garage I went to the kitchen and drank some water I asked everyone if they knew where james was and one of them said he was in our room, I nodded and went to our bedroom walking in I saw james sitting in bed and sniffling. I set my water down and walked to james sitting down I hugged him close "What's wrong?" I asked and james hugged me "I'm... scared.. I don't want to lose you or any of our friends, w-what if I never see you again?" james says and cries I hug him closer and kiss his head "It's going to be ok, everything will be ok, I will protect you" I say and james looks up at me "but who will protect you?" james asks and I looked at him I sigh and kiss his head "I don't know, I don't know" I say and james hides his face in my chest I hold him close and tightly 'I will protect you, no matter what' I think and sigh quietly. 

I looked down at james and saw he fell asleep I smiled and laid him down kissing his head I covered him up then got up walking out I walked back to the ship and continued to work on it, I was tired but I was so close to getting it finished I couldn't stop so I continued to work until it was nighttime. james walked to me he sat next to me and handed me a plate of food and a cup of water. I smiled and kissed him "thank you" I say and then eat and drink my water. james nods he smiles "your welcome" james says and hugs my arm. I smile and eat more before I finish and hand james the plate "come to bed, it's getting late" james said and I shake my head "I need to finish this ship" I say and james sighs nodding he kisses me gently then walks away. I shake my head and fix the ship more. 

middle of the night

I woke up to a loud bang I heard the alarm go off and I got up. I heard people yelling that we were under attack and I got up I ran out and got my suit on I saw james get his on and I walked to him kissing him he kissed back "Be safe" I say and james nods "you too" james says and smiles before we run to the ships and get in ours. I watch james fly out "please be safe" I whispered before turning on the mic in my helmet so the others could hear me. I fly out and my team thinks of a plan but all I could think of was james. I sigh and see some galra ships we start to shoot at them and some of our ships go down. "what do we do?! there to powerful!" I yell and keep shooting "I don't know!" most of my teammates that are left yell and one of them was james, I needed to keep him safe. we keep shooting and two more of our ships go down "Kinkade!"  james yells and I see his ship go down my eyes widen "james!? james! answer me please! james!" I yell and feel tears in my eyes, ' screw the mission' I think and fly down I see james ship hit the ground and I quickly fly down I land the ship and run to james ship "james! james answer me!" I yell and try getting in the ship I see the door and try and open it I got it open and I get in "james?" I say and look around I see james on the ground passed out and bleeding I run to him and pick him I quickly get out of the ship and it blows up I run to my ship and get it I hold james close and start to fly the ship back to the garrison I get shot at and I dodge. "It's going to be ok, I promise" I say and cry quietly while holding my hurt boyfriend close I fly and land at the garrison I get out of the ship and run inside panting heavily. the nurses run to me they grab james and get him on the bed they quickly clean him up. "Get back out there! they need you!" one of them yells and I nod running out I get back in my ship I fly up and shoot at the galra. I pant cry "fucking assholes!!!" I yelled and kept shooting soon they started retreating and I watched with some of the others that were still with me. I fly back to the garrison and get out of my ship I run into the garrison and one of the nurses look at me they smile "he's awake, he needs you" she says and I nod walking in I look at james and he looks at me crying. I smile and go to him hugging him close he hugs back and cries into my chest. "I'm here, everything is ok" I say and sniffle sitting down I pull james close, everything was ok, I wasn't losing him, I protected him and will always protect him until the day I die.

end