CHAPTER 5

Hannah Towers' POV

I flutter my eyes open only to find myself in an unfamiliar room again. The softness and warmth of the bed is making me sleepy again but I sigh as it dawns on me that I just slept with him for the second time.

Remants of last night flash in my mind and I let him use me for his lustful desires. Self-abhorrence washes over me and I shiver. Will this really be my role? Just to pay that damn debt?

Since I agreed to this kind of arrangement, it makes me feel so low about myself. Of course, I had regrets wishing I was strong enough to have said no when he asked me but then the shining glory of the money for payment blinded me. All I saw for that time was my leverage to get rid of the debt and live my life with freedom.

Last time when we first met, he woke up earlier than me so I dread turning to my side to check if he is already awake. I start to formulate a plan to escape quietly as I do not have the guts to show off my face after selling off my body.

I slowly turn to my side and thankfully, the other side of the bed is empty. He must have woken up hours ago. I gaze around the room to check if he is still around. I waited more minutes before moving to confirm if he already left. Seeing nothing that denoted his presence, I slowly get up and pick my clothes.

After clothing myself I check my phone and to my surprise, I have an e-mail saying that an amount of twenty-five thousand dollars just got deposited in my bank account.

Well, that was fast. Atleast he’s doing his share of the deal.

I look around me feeling disorientated. I wonder what time is it already. I really have to stop my habit of waking up late.

I get up and try to find the way to the bathroom. Thankfully, I found it within a few seconds and  and  hastily  did my morning routine. After washing my face, I was about to exit the bedroom when a note on the bedside table caught my eye.

It says: To bring you home, Mark will be waiting outside to drive you.

Oh, he’s not that heartless after all.

I eye the pen beside the note and without further thinking, I pick it up and scribble a Thank you in the same note.

I step out from the bedroom after checking that I have all my things with me. However, on the way out, I stop confused as it seems that Justin's penthouse is not that simple and tiny as compared to when I first came in yesterday. I suddenly find myself walking around in a huge hallway and with a few turns, I lost my sense of direction.

I can't remember the way back to the living room. Damn, I should've paid attention to my surroundings yesterday. But how could I when he kissed me senseless, lifted me up and... Oh, never mind. Don't go to that part.

I try to open the nearest door within my reach and it wasn't locked.  Justin really seems like he isn't that careful when it comes to his locking his doors for privacy.

I peek inside the room and to my surprise, it's just another bedroom. Except that it looks like it hasn't been used for a very long time.

The queen-sized bed is a bit dusty and is also the table beside it. There are bits of cobwebs hanging in the ceiling corners. The curtain looks a bit dirty and the glass window already accumulated dust and dirt on it.

I notice how clean his penthouse is except for this one and I wonder why. Surely this isn't a storage room judging from the lack of any stocks piled around.

My curiosity wins me over and I step inside and takes a closer look at the bedside table. Lying on the top of the table is a picture frame turned over. I pick it up not minding the dust.

Oh, I gaze in mild surprise after seeing who are in the picture. It's Justin and a gorgeous young lady beside him. The lady is wearing a stunning strapless white dress and her blond hair is curled. They're standing so close with Justin putting an arm around her as they look directly at the camera's direction and smiles. His blue eyes are shimmering with delight and I'm pretty sure I've never seen this genuine smile from him.

I put down the picture and notice a drawer. Should I pull it out? I just want to check.

Without much hesitation, I pull open the drawer only to find more photos but in polaroid. I pick one and it's a candid photo of the same lady. She's holding a cup of coffee and she's laughing genuinely at something. The other photos are of her and a few shots were taken with Justin.

I suddenly got guilty over the fact that I'm touching something that is breaking off Justin's privacy. I put the photos back and close the drawer.

After a few more tries, I found the way out and true enough, Mark is standing outside waiting for me. He is just there in a formal suit standing beside an SUV.

“Miss Towers.” He just nods at me in acknowledgement before opening the car for me. I willingly get in and Mark drives me off.

It's a short travel to my apartment but I keep silent all the way since I feel like I do not have the guts to talk and converse with someone right now after what I just did last night. This set-up is still giving me the creeps. It makes me loathe myself for giving in just like that for money.

And the woman in the photos with Justin keeps bugging my mind. I wonder if she's Justin's ex. If so, what happened to her? Why aren't they together now? Or... did they even break up?

***
It has been two weeks since that damn deal and within that span of two weeks, I slept with him four times. He would send me a text and his personal driver would fetch me. He would ravish me at night and the next morning, he would leave early before I wake up and I would receive notices of his deposits on my bank account. The death threats lessened but I am still so beyond halfway with paying my debts. My loan for a half million dollars is still pending. I cannot just rely on the money I get paid with from that perverted Justin Royce.

“Oops. Sorry.” I mumble an apology to an old man I bumped into as I maneuver my pushcart aside and stop myself from my pondering. It's the wrong move to be absent-minded in these kinds of places where hundreds of people are swarming over for their groceries.

I am currently shopping for my personal needs but I couldn’t help but contemplate about my deal with Justin and how is it going on for these past days. Thank God, he did not bother me today so I have the time for myself.

The deal has been taking most of my time now that even my tutorials are getting affected. I have to adjust even my personal time since anytime, Justin can call me.

After a few more turns around the stalls and getting everything I need, I head to the counter to pay.

“Thank you.” I say to the cashier as he hands me the large paper bag overflowing with my grocery items.

I slowly walk towards the exit, cautiously looking out for the pack of facial wipes that is about to fall off.

Damn! I curse silently as the pack of facial wipes fell off. I was about to bend down and pick it up when a hand already collected my fallen facial wipes.

“Oh, thank y−” I stop midway when I looked up to see who it was. He's the last person I'm least expecting to be here.

“Uh, M-Mr. Royce? ”

---