CHAPTER 29

Hannah Towers’ POV

I carefully turn the knob and take a peek inside. His room is dark except for the faint illumination from his bedside lamp. Without hesitation, I knock gently on his door and I hear him groan as he move on his bed.

I step closer to look at him and he’s lying down on his bed with a frown in his handsome face. He’s wearing his white shirt from work and beads of sweat could be seen around his face and neck. Even with the blanket around him, I could sense him shivering.

“Justin.” I bend down and whisper. He slowly opens  his eyes but his shivering doesn’t stop.

“Ha-Hannah?” he weakly states. “What are you doing here?” he tries to sit up and I support him as he leans on his headboard.

“Did you take any medicine?” I ask him instead. I glance at his bedside table and there’s a glass of water and a pack of medicine.

Justin nods and pulls the blanket around him. I touch his forehead with my palm and he’s burning.

“Wait here.” I hastily get up and head to his bathroom. I found a small washbasin and turned on the heater. After filling the washbasin with lukewarm water, I carry it putting it beside his bed. I rummage through his drawers and found a white clean towel.

I start a sponge bath on him while constantly checking his temperature. After about thirty minutes, his burning skin is gradually cooling and at the same time his chills are also gone. I heave a sigh of relief.

“Are you feeling better now?” I ask him.

“I specifically instructed Mark to drive you to your apartment.” Justin feebly replies ignoring my question. But with his answer, I think he’s gotten better.

“And I specifically ordered him to drive me here.” I glare at him. “Why didn’t you tell me you were having a fever? You should have visited your doctor the moment you felt sick.” I can’t believe he is such an ass for just coming home from work and sleeping his fever off. Does he always do this everytime he gets sick?

“You sound mad, Hannah.”

“Shut up, Justin.” I exhale slowly trying to calm down. I touch his forehead with my palm again. I check his temperature with the thermometer and it’s gone down to a degree. Thank God. I show him his temperature’s reading and he smiles weakly. One more degree down and his temperature would be back to normal.

“Thank you, Hannah.”

I nod and start clearing the table. I put back the washbasin to his bathroom and washed my face. I wipe my face dry with a clean towel before coming out of the bathroom. When I went back to his bed, Justin is already lying on his back.

I adjust his blanket and sigh. Well, it seems he’s okay now. He should catch some sleep until his normal temperature comes back. I was about to turn and go away when he grabs my wrist. “Where are you going?” He asks in a rasp voice.

“Uh, home…?”

“You’re not going anywhere.” He grabs my wrist until I land on his chest. Damn it. How could he be so strong when he’s still a bit sick?

“J-Justin.” I try to get up not wanting to put weight on his chest and hurt him in the process. Instead, he wraps his arms around me and whispers, “Stay with me tonight.”

“What?” I look up at him and through the faint light from the lamp beside us, I notice his eyes are pleading as he looks back at me.

“Please, Hannah.”

Should I?

“Okay fine.” I surrender after a minute. “Now let me go.”

He unwraps his arms around me and his victorious smile is plastered on his face. He pats the bed beside him and I walk around to the other side before getting under the blanket with him.