CHAPTER 47

Hannah Towers’ POV

I look away from Justin speechless at Mrs. Royce's sudden question. Honestly, Justin and I have never talked about that.

“Mom.” Justin reprimands and Mrs. Royce seemed to have gotten the clue.

“Oh, sorry, dear. My bad.” She stands up. “I’ll leave you two behind then. No need to see me out. Enjoy!” She winks at us and strolls out.

I bite my lip trying to avoid Justin’s gaze. Damn it. I feel my cheeks blushing.

“Hannah.”

“Hmm?” I look down at my fingers.

“Hey, look at me, please.” Justin cups my cheek forcing me to look at him. He heaves a deep sigh. “Hannah, we’ll take it slow, if that’s what you want. Let’s not pressure ourselves, okay?”

He’s right. We can just focus on our present status and let our love flourish through time. I nod and he plants a soft kiss to my forehead.

“Your mom. . . I can’t believe she knew all about it.” I whisper.

Justin shrugs. “It turned out well so let’s not worry about it anymore. Mom’s right. That was all in the past. As long as you are mine now. . .” He snakes a hand to my waist. “Now where were we?”

I giggle as he starts nuzzling my neck. His hands start to roam my body taking off from where we were interrupted. I grab his head bringing him back up to meet my lips. I close my eyes and let the burning desire within us take over. His kisses make me forget all the over thinking my brain is having and all the uneasiness disappears as he claims me through his possessive touch and kisses.

***

“Can’t you stay?” Justin pouts as he looks at me trying to look cute. Well, he’s cute as hell but his plead won’t work this time.

“Justin, I have to go. I’ll visit tomorrow.” I explain to him how I want to go home tonight. As much as I would like to spend the night with him, I would also like to spend some time alone in my apartment and rest. We just finished an early dinner and now I’m trying to convince him to let me go home.

“Can’t you just move in here?”

“What?”

“You don’t want to?” He looks hurt like a boy who was denied candy.

I giggle. “Justin, it’s not like that. We also need space, you know.”

“Damn with that space thing. I want to spend every minute with you.” He stubbornly declares as he pulls me towards him. There goes my heart beating fast again. It always does when I’m with him.

“Justin, I promise, I’ll come by again tomorrow.”

He heaves a sigh and wraps his arms around in a warm hug. “Ten minutes. . . just give me ten minutes at least.” He doesn’t move and just hugs me. I feel his soft breathing on my neck and the steady up and down of his chest.

I smile. “I never thought you’d be so clingy like this.”

“Only with you, Hannah.”

After an approximate ten minutes, he hesitantly lets me go and I smile at him.

“Can I at least drive you home?” he tries again and I give him a look of disapproval.

“Justin, I told you, you need to rest. You have tons of work piled up. Besides, Mark can drive me home.”

“Damn it.” He says under his breath but I heard it clearly. “I’m only letting you go since I wouldn’t want to let you feel suffocated but you just wait, Towers, one day. . . .”

His voice trails off and I smile as I walk out the door. “Bye!”

There was nothing more he could do but watch me as I stroll down towards his parked car where Mark is waiting. I wave at him before getting in the car.

Few minutes later, I arrive at my apartment. I stand by my door and watch as Mark drives off. Truth to be told, I wanted to come home and spend some time alone to think things over. Sure, I’m on cloud nine about what is happening between me and Justin but somehow, my over thinking brain is at work again.

What Mrs. Royce told me was so shocking to my very bones and I couldn’t help but to worry about some minor things. Can I live with the fact that my private life could someday be public once people would know about my relationship with Justin? I have always lived a quiet life and never imagined myself to be in some tabloids or magazines with some billionaire.

Would I be able to cope with the stressing aspects when dealing with annoying paparazzis? I know Justin blocked the media but someday somehow they would know. And when that time comes, people will always have something to comment, may it be good or bad about me. What if some people would question my worth and compare me with all the women Justin had before? Can I deal with all those?

And then there’s the marriage thingy that Mrs. Royce mentioned. I admit I was a little apprehensive when she mentioned the wedding. It’s too early for that aspect but some part of me sees that kind of future with him.

I sigh and was about to turn and unlock my door when a voice called out.

“Hannah Towers?”

I frown at the petite blond lady approaching me. The illuminating light from the street lamp nearby descends on her face and she looks a bit familiar as she draws near.

“Uh, yes. That’s me.” I reply as she stops right in front of me.

“Can I talk to you for a moment?” She discreetly asks. I frown and gives off the do-I-know-you look.

“Uh, sorry for not introducing myself.” She apologizes. “I’m Athalia Starr, Amanda’s sister.”

Oh.

Blond. That’s why she looks a bit familiar.

I take her handshake and smile at her. “Come in, let’s talk inside.” I open my apartment door and we get in.

“Excuse the smell.” I state as soon as we get in implying the stale scent of the house after being vacant for a few days without air circulation . “I was away for a few days so. . . ”

“No, it’s fine.”

“Please take a seat. Can I get you some water?”

Athalia silently takes a seat and nods. I hastily went to the kitchen and pours down water on two glasses. I could not help but wonder how the hell did she know me? We’ve never interacted personally before and I only knew Amanda from the photos and as Justin’s ex. I feel something’s off as I walk back to the living room with our water.

“Here.” I hand her a glass of water and seat down.

“So,” I nervously start. “you wanted to talk about something?”

Athalia takes a sip before clearing her throat. I brace myself for what is about to come.

“I heard you and Justin are in some kind of relationship right now, is that true?” She sounds gentle but I could detect an edge in her voice.

“Uhm, yeah. Something like that.”

“You knew about Amanda, right?”

I don’t why she’s suddenly asking all these questions but it’s making me uncomfortable. It’s like my instinct is telling me I should prepare myself to hear something awful.

“Uh, Yeah. Justin told me about her.” I reply cautiously.

Athalia looks at me in the eye with a sorrowful expression. “Do you know why she died?”

“I. . . Justin told me she was in a car accident. I-I’m sorry.” I sincerely express my condolence to her but there's an icy look in her eyes.

“Did he tell you how he killed her?”

Wha . . . t?

I swear my heart stopped for a second.

---

To my amazing readers, thank you so much for your support in reading this book. Your reads, votes and comments always make my day better 😊😘.
God bless us all and stay safe everyone! ❤️🤗😘