CHAPTER 36

Hannah Towers' POV

I yawn and stretch my arms up high. I just woke up from my nap and I feel better. My eyes are still sore from crying and the undeniable ache in my heart is still there but still, I'm alive and well.

Amber offered me their guest room and she urged me to take a rest so I did. I check the large wall clock in the room and it says 6:15. I glance down at my phone beside me and after a long internal debate with myself, I pick it up and tap on the screen.

Shit!

56 missed calls and 38 messages.

I check my call logs and they are all from Justin trying to call me from the approximate time I arrived here at Amber's and his latest call was just ten minutes ago. I proceed and open his messages.

Hannah, can we please talk?

Where are you?

You're not in your apartment

Hannah!

Damn it, please pick up the phone

Please, let's fix this.

I'm so sorry.

Can you pls pick up!

Where are you

I want to talk

Please, Hannah.

Hannah

I clutch my chest. He wants to talk but I do not. Is there more to what he just said? Talking wouldn't undo the damage he has already given me. I did not bother replying and just puts down my phone.

I slowly get up from the bed and stand before the large spotless mirror.
Argh. My eyes are so damn red and I feel so hideous. Whatever. I just comb down my hair with my fingers and straighten my shirt before going out of the room.

A large hallway greets me and I walk carefully trying to replay the directions Amber has instructed me with. Their mansion is just so big since Tristan is really damn rich like Jus- no, don't even think about him.

To my relief, I didn't get lost within the large mansion and I end up in the living room where Amber is sitting down playing with her phone.

"Hey! You're awake!" Amber puts down her phone and greets me.

"Hi," I weakly state still sleepy.

"How are you feeling now?"

"Better. But my eyes say otherwise."

Amber laughs. "Yeah, they've gotten smaller and so. . . reddish."

"Where's your husband?" I look around but I couldn't see Tristan anywhere.

"He's on a business trip tonight. He'll be back tomorrow afternoon."

Oh.

A maid comes out of nowhere and announces that dinner is ready.

"Let's go, Hannah. I bet all that crying made you famish."

I lightly slap her arm and we chuckle as we follow the maid into the kitchen. I gasp in awe at the large long dining table full with a variety of dishes and fruits on display. There's roasted chicken, garlic buttered shrimp, chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes, muffins, croissants and many more.

We take our seats beside each other and Amber leads a short prayer before we start eating.

"Oh, with regards with your clothes, I bought you some, Hannah. I went shopping while you were sleeping."