CHAPTER 55

Hannah Towers’ POV

I nervously fumble with the ribbon in front of my dress. I gulp and check the time on my phone. Justin should be here any minute now. It’s my first time doing a surprise for anyone and this is not just any surprise. Tonight will denote a significant occasion that will mark a new chapter in our lives.

Tonight’s surprise would not be possible without the absolute help from the people involved. I even called Claire and asked her to do me this favor. Amber is still out of the country so I couldn’t ask her for help but she totally supports me with my impending surprise.

Claire immediately came to my aid when I called and told her about my plan. She helped me dress myself and helped with the preparations. It was a bother to dress with my arm sling but I wanted to look good. Mark also contributed a large part in this. I called him to buy some stuff and he willingly took part. I instructed him to bring Justin out of the penthouse to buy us some time to set up the place.

The part of making Justin leave his own place for the meantime was hard especially when he wouldn’t want to leave my side. He stayed with me all the time, being the over protective boyfriend that he is.  He only left when I stubbornly asked him to buy me some food and some things.

I glance at my phone again. Everything is already set into place. Justin should be here by now.

Right then, I hear the sound of a car approaching. I rush inside the penthouse and settled myself at the balcony. Minutes later, I hear the door open and Justin comes in holding a box of food and two large paper bags.

He strides in towards and sees me on the balcony. His handsome face frowns when he meets my gaze. He tilts his head as he approaches me with a grin.

“What’s all this?” he puts the box and paper bags down and gestures at the small round table before me. I’ve prepared a simple romantic dinner just like the ones he would surprise me with. Since I couldn’t cook yet, I ordered some from my favorite restaurant and as for the wine, I stole one from Justin’s collection of expensive wines. I know I can't drink yet so I won't and only prepared it for Justin. This was what I could think I could manage with the limited time and with my current injury. I want this night to be special.

“A simple dinner for us.” I shrug my shoulders and I gasp when he pulls my waist towards him.

“You’re wearing a dress.” He smiles lovingly as he gazes down on me. “You look lovely.”

“Thank you.” I grin at him and pull away. “Let’s eat. I’m hungry.”

He chuckles and helps me to my seat. He then opens the box of food I asked him to buy.

“Why then did you ask me to buy more food?”

“It was the only way I could make you go out to set this all up.”

He raises an eyebrow. “Hannah, you know you didn’t have to do this. You shouldn’t exhaust yourself.”

I chuckle lightly. “Don’t worry. I’m fine. I didn’t cook all these and I had help from Claire and Mark.”

“Mark?”

I nod.

“So that explains why he kept on giving me excuses and drove really slow.” Justin shakes his head and lifts his chair to seat beside me.

He starts cutting my steak into small pieces and I watch him silently. I smile and whisper him a thank you. With that, we start eating and I couldn’t help but get anxious and excited at the same time as we come close to finishing our food. I look down at the shining diamond ring on my left finger as if asking it for some signal.