CHAPTER 34

Hannah Towers’ POV

I gulp down the glass of water in annoyance. I close my eyes trying to calm down. I got the day planned out that I woud spend this day to start packing but it seems it wouldn’t go that way.

Right now, Justin is taking a bath in my bathroom. He wouldn’t budge when I told him to go home. Instead, he forcefully borrowed my phone and called Mark to bring some clothes for him. He even called a locksmith to fix my door since he dismantled my door knob. How the hell did he manage to kick open my door?

I glance at the bag of fresh clean clothes that Mark brought just minutes ago. Should i throw them out? Or better yet, burn them?

Damn it.

The distressing thought of when to tell him about my backing off the deal is still weighing on my mind and now, he’s making this harder. My phone on the table suddenly rings. It’s Amber.

“Hey.”

“Hannah! I got your bus ticket for Wednesday.”

Oh, that would be the day after tomorrow.
“Really? Thank you Amber. I’ll inform my Aunt so she would know.”

“Have you told Justin yet?”

I sigh.

“Oh, Hannah,” Amber worriedly says. “You only have today and tomorrow to tell him.”

“I know.”

“Do you really have to do this?”

I sigh again. “Amber, it’s . . . yeah, I have to.”

We say our goodbyes and end the call. I furiously sit on my couch just as Justin came out with just a towel wrapped around his waist. Wait, that’s MY towel. What the. . .

I stare at my white towel wrapped around him and my initial thought is to shout and glare at him. I look up only to meet his face plastered with a smirk and two raised eyebrows.

I look away as he takes his clothes and went to my bedroom with a slight chuckle. Minutes later, he comes out fully dressed in a black shirt and ripped jeans.

“What are you thining about?” Justin sits beside me and I realize I was frowning. I was thinking that prolonging this would not change the fact that I would leave soon and telling him now is probably the right thing when he’s not drunk or anything.

“Uh, Justin. . . can I tell you something?”

His eyes suddenly become frosty and he abruptly stands up then heads to the kitchen.

“What would you like to eat? I’ll cook us some breakfast.” He opens my fridge and rummages the contents.

I stand and follow him, taking a seat at the dining table. “Justin, can we please talk?”

“Would you like an omelette?” He lifts a bowl and some eggs. His hands seems to be shaking a bit and he wouldn’t look at me.

“Justin, please!”

He takes a deep breath before he finally looks at me. “Can we please eat first? I’m starving.”

He has a point. “Fine.”

He smiles and gets back to what he was doing.

“Do you need any help?” I ask.

“Sure.”

I slide in beside him and lend a hand. I guess this is the first time we are cooking together. The first and last, I think. After doing my share of work, I silently watch him as he moves around in my kitchen. I don’t know how he does it but he looks so hot and stunning as he flexes his hand and does his thing with whatever he’s making for our breakfast. I stare at the way he’s holding the pan and the way his muscles flex as he holds the knife. He looks cute moving around my tiny kitchen.