CHAPTER 12

Hannah Towers' POV

Whoa. Just so...amazing. I sigh contently as my heart is so overwhelmed that it leaves me speechless as I stare at the spectacular scene before my very eyes.

I prop my elbow onto the cold metal railing of the balcony and just stare at the sea of lights shining below me each light a reflection of what New York is even though I know in my hear this is not the New York I first knew.

Presently, I am standing in the balcony of the hotel we are staying but I never expected the view here to render me out of words for its breathtaking view.

It was early in the afternoon when we arrived and we were directed to a hotel which accommodated us readily. I spent the whole afternoon sleeping to get rid of the jet lag even though I've very much wanted to go out and explore the city. I don't know where Justin went while I was asleep but surely he must have been so busy with important matters.

Whe I woke up , it's already night and I took a shower before coming here to the balcony to be mesmerized by this view.

The very fact that I am standing here in New York, the very city of my dreams made me forget that I am with Justin for a very immoral reason. I wasn't in the right mind not protesting when he just rented a single room for us.

He said it's a waste of money if we pay for two rooms when we could just be in one. I don't see how it is a waste considering he has tons of money. But then, I am here with him because of our deal so I cannot do much protesting.

My stress vanishes as I continue to stare at the busy city. I am thankful Justin managed to get us a hotel with this panoramic view. How I wish I could just live in this moment forever, here in New York which holds the depth of my deepest emotions with the people I once loved.

A sudden hand shoots out from nowhere and hands me a glass of juice, waking me up from my dreamy state.

"Enjoying the view?" Justin looks at me as I take the glass of juice from his hands and he stands beside me. His hair is clearly wet from a shower and he had an obvious change of fresh clothes. He smells of soap combined with the faint smell of the wine he is drinking from his own glass.

I clear my throat. "Uh-huh, Uhm, Justin, thank you."

"For the drink?"

I smile. "Yes and for bringing me here."
He just shrugs off his shoulders and leans his elbow on the rail as he faces me. "But I don't get what's with New York that you have been dreaming to be here."

I take a sip from my drink. "You bought wine for yourself but juice for me?" I complain.

"What? You want me to get you drunk tonight, Hannah? Is that what you want?" he smirks at me knowingly and I regret diverging from the topic.

"But, seriously Hannah, what makes you so crazy about New York?"

I sigh and look down at my fingers wrapped around the cold glass. Moments of hesitation, I whisper softly, "Because New York was the last place I remember where I was last happy."

I slowly take another sip. "This was the place where I have always wanted to come back to. Even if it means coming back without the people who means the world to me. The first time I visited here, it was with my family and we were complete and happy. It was the time of my life without having to worry about any deaths or threats. I thought we would last like that but that was when I was thirteen and now, twelve years later, I'm here all alone. I've always thought maybe someday, when I come back here, the pain would fade away and the only thing left would be myself full of the drive for a new life and new beginning."

I look up at Justin why he is not saying anything. Instead, he's staring at me with a pained emotion swimming deep in his blue eyes. He gazes at me pitifully and I laugh bitterly.

"You really should've brought me wine instead if you intended to make me this dramatic." I look away not wanting to show him the tears that are threatening to fall from my eyes. Damn it! I should have not said those things.

I always hated it when somebody looks at me pitifully. So many things have happened in that span of twelve years after the last time I visited New York. My mother died and my father turned in on gambling and later died leaving me with a huge debt. New York was the witness of how I was so happy with my family when we first came here and now it is witnessing the irony of my sadness this time.

"Hannah," Justin whispers gently and I feel him moving closer to me. There's a hint of sympathy in his voice but it's the last thing I want from him. He stands behind me wrapping his arms around me and buries his face in my neck. I smell the intoxicating scent of his shampoo as he pulls me closer.

I gulp nervously as he takes the glass in my hand and together with his own glass puts them on the table behind me. I stand still waiting for his next move but he doesn't move and just stands holding me in his arms.

My emotional tears are lost now and I feel my heart skipping its usual beatings inside my chest. I just confessed one of my deepest sorrowful emotions to Justin which I never thought I would do.

Somehow, oddly enough I find it easier to breathe now, like something has been lifted off my chest which is the opposite since Justin's heavy arms are wrapped around my chest. I smile as he rubs my arms lightly and I think he feels sorry for me.

After a minute of hugging me, he turns me around to face him and his eyes are burning with passion. He stares deep into my eyes and I stare back lost in his captivating gaze.

He slowly lowers down his head and his lips meet mine. It was a soft kiss and actually the very first gentle kiss he's ever given me. I thought it would just be a peck but he doesn't let go of my lips and instead he grasp my hair firmly as he slowly and passionately owns my lips.

I close my eyes surrendering to his deliberately slow tempo. He takes my lips sensuously as his hand is rubbing my back. He nips gently at my lower lip and I almost moaned.

Damn it! He's such an ass for taking advantage of my vulnerability right now. I just confided in him one of my saddest memories and this is how he responds.

I gasp when he suddenly lifts me off the floor so I hook my legs on his waist and he walks us inside towards the bed without breaking our kiss. He lowers me down after setting the duvet aside and we tumble on the soft mattress lying on our sides as he continues his tender assault on my lips.

After giving my lower lip a long suck, he finally pulls away and guides my head on the crook of his neck. He wraps his arms around me making me snuggle closer to him.

"Good night, Hannah." Justin quietly says before drawing the duvet around us.

I frown in confusion. Whoa, is this real? He's stopping right here? Justin settled down for just a goodnight kiss and nothing follows?

Not that I'm complaining but this is the first time. He would always go all the way once he starts kissing me so I wonder why he didn't. I look up to check if he's asleep and true enough, he has his eyes closed and his brrathing is becoming steady.

Something tugs at my heart for his actions. I've never thought he has this side of him. And I think it's a good thing.

---

Stay safe, dear readers😊
May God protect us all❤️