CHAPTER 43

Justin Royce’s POV

“Are the bouquets done?”

“How about the drones? Are they already on standby?”

“Mark, are the men ready?”

“Where’s the pilot?”

“Get ready! Be on standby.”

It’s still early in the morning but here I am blurting out orders to my men as I stand supervising each detail. My hands are already shaking in anxiousness but I have to finish this in no time. I cannot delay this anymore. I glance at my phone and my hand has been itching since yesterday to dial her number. Damn. One day of not seeing her or hearing her voice is making me go insane and restless. I clench my fists trying to stop my hands from trembling in agitation but I groan when a slight piercing pain shoots from my right hand still wrapped in a bandage. 

“Sir, the helicopter’s ready.” Mark suddenly informs me. I look around the island for a final look and bark some more orders for the men before walking towards the helicopter. Mark and I get in and he updates me with the ongoing preparations.

“Miss Amber is already on standby, Sir. She’s waiting at the car.”

I recall how Hannah’s best friend scolded me when I first approached her and divulged my plan. She was mad at first when I told her how Hannah and I had a big fight at the hospital but when I explained the details of my apology and confession, she readily agreed and voluntarily offered help.

In no time, the helicopter lands and we transfer to my black Ferrari as we drive away from my private hangar and towards Hannah’s apartment.

Two black vans are parked near the corner at Hannah’s apartment. We enter the first van and Amber is already inside with two of my men sitting across the monitors for surveillance.

“Mr. Royce.” She greets me icily. “You better make the best of this. I can’t stand seeing my best friend suffer like this.”

“I understand, Miss Amber.” Her words motivate me more but there’s that anxiousness still bothering me.

“We got a visual, Sir.” One of the men suddenly speaks up and I look out the tinted window. My heart is gripped in longing at Hannah’s sight as she appears on her doorway. She’s dressed for a walk and I have the sudden urge to get out of this van and hug her tightly. She locks her door and looks around her. She sighs before slowly walking down to the sidewalk. Her forlorn appearance makes me want to punch myself for doing this to her. The plan was to abduct her and bring her inside the other van on standby.

I was busy staring at her through the tinted window that I momentarily forgot about the plan. Luckily, Amber is already on the move. She calls Hannah and when the call came through, my heart melts at her voice. Amber makes a casual talk to avoid suspicion and Hannah’s light laugh and cheerful voice makes me feel guiltier. I know she’s trying to be okay.

“Then why are you outside?” Amber slips and I look in alarm as Hannah replies, “How did you know I’m outside?”

Amber puts down the phone momentarily and mouths me a sorry before getting back to Hannah.

“Oh, just a guess. I hear cars.”

“Uh, yeah. I’m just taking a stroll around.”

“You’re over thinking something again, Hannah. I know you take strolls to clear your mind whenever something’s bugging you.” Amber glares at me and her eyes are saying look-what-you-did-to-her.

I sigh and turns to Mark.

“Put on your masks and get the men ready. Be careful, don’t hurt her.” I sternly warn him before he gets out to drive the other van.

As Amber is doing her part in distracting Hannah over the phone, I signaled the assigned men to appear behind Hannah and stealthily grab her.

Once Hannah’s inside the van, I thank Amber and quickly get out of the car. I get in my Ferrari and quickly steps on the gas on my way back to the hangar. I hurriedly transfer back to the helicopter I rode this morning. As the pilot expertly maneuvers us up, I look down at the other helicopter on standby that will be taking Hannah to the island where I will be waiting.

I badly wanted to see her that I was willing to go through this hassle of coming back and forth. I have to get to the island fast and set the things for a final look before Hannah gets there.

My hands wouldn’t stop trembling in anxiety of my forthcoming surprise. I’ve never done this before even when I was in a relationship with Amanda. Planning this surprise is the least I can do to ease the pain I’ve caused her and the first step to claiming her.

As we get near the ground, I look down satisfied at the arranged bouquets of red roses amidst the green field. They slightly dance against the strong winds but I have instructed my men to tie them tight so that they wouldn’t fly away.

As soon as the helicopter touched the ground I hastily went inside the villa to prepare myself. Minutes later, I watch as the second helicopter carrying Hannah slowly descends and Mark gets out first. He escorts Hannah to the front area at the villa before disappearing.I waited for the engine to stop before coming out of the villa and slowly walk behind her.

When I called her name, I saw her freeze and hesitate for a moment. I stop walking fearful that she might run even though there’s nowhere for her to run to. When she turned around, I saw the alarmed look in her beautiful face and the unmistakable pain in her eyes. I cautiously step towards her wanting to hold her in my arms again but she steps back and I can’t blame her even though it hurts me.

I pleaded her to hear me out and I truly said what I have been holding in my heart. It took me years before I finally found her and there’s no way I can ever let her go especially now that she said she loves me. I think of the times I’ve always watched her sleeping peacefully whenever I wake up first. I usually don’t wake up early but whenever she’s beside me, I find myself wanting to wake up early and stare at her peaceful angelic face.

I admit, I took advantage of her vulnerable state given that her father left a huge debt on her shoulders. The deal was all I could think I could offer her the moment I woke up beside her after our first encounter. I got selfish and wanted more of her.

“You see, Hannah. You were wrong about one thing. You feared that I wouldn’t feel the same about you. That’s where you got it all wrong.” I try to assure her. I don’t know how she got the idea that I only lust for her body. Well, maybe it seems like that at first, but as I spent more time with her, knowing her story, having normal dinners, watching Netflix and chilling, she somehow made my heart beat for her.

When she first left me I couldn’t describe enough how I felt so distraught at that moment that I tracked her down starting from her apartment and anywhere she might go to until I found her best friend’s address. I thought I would lose her that time not until I woke up in the hospital with her by my side. That was a dreadful memory I wouldn’t want to relive again.

When the drones dropped the tarps showing what I ultimately wanted to tell her, I feel so relieved that I’m finally expressing my true feelings to her.

The moment I repeated what was written on the canvass, her tears would not stop falling and it gave me the encouragement to go on and expressed what I truly felt for her.

Telling her I love her was the best feeling as I feel suddenly enlightened but I got anxious when she wouldn’t say anything after all the things I told her. I thought she would reject me and stubbornly leave me.

When she suddenly pulled my nape and kissed me, I was shocked for a moment but I cannot deny that I’ve missed this. The feel of her lips on mine, her soft hair in my hands and the sensation of her bare skin. I could not waste a second anymore. I wrap my arm around her waist and pull her closer to me as our lips seal each other.

---

Thank you dearest readers for the support❤️😘
Next chap (to be posted soon, I hope) would contain mature scenes not suitable for very young readers 😉🤣 You've been warned😅 Read at your own risk.