CHAPTER 42

Hannah Towers’ POV

“M-Mark?” I gape not believing who I am seeing right now and my mouth opens wide in surprise. “What the hell is going on? Why are we here?” I ask him, my heart beating fast. Something is definitely not right. If the driver and bodyguard is here, then the master would be. . .

“Miss Towers, please get on board.” Mark ignores my question and leads me to the helicopter.

“No! Just tell me what the hell is going on?” I protest but he firmly grips my arm and drags me to the helicopter.

“Miss Towers, please calm down and cooperate. The quicker we get there, the better.” He firmly states before supporting me to get in the helicopter.

Damn this! Do I have a choice? I look around me but all I see is a vast concrete hangar where a little escape plan brewing in my brain would probably fail.

I reluctantly get in and take a seat. Mark gets in after me and the pilot sitting at the cockpit starts pushing on some buttons until we hear the propeller whirl and the metal blades above us start to turn fast.

Moments later, we are off the ground and gradually we are flying high in the air. I look down through the clear window and the buildings below us are becoming smaller. The cars running along the roads look like ants going past each other’s way. My heart starts to calm down at the sight below but wait, this is not the time to relax and loosen up. I glare at Mark sitting beside me busy tapping on his phone.

“Mark, where the hell are we going?”

He doesn’t take his eyes off his phone and answers me. “You’ll know in a matter of minutes, Miss Towers. You can take a nap if you want.”

“Damn it, I cannot just close my eyes and sleep when I don’t know where in the world are you taking me.” My voice rises a bit at the last phrase. I can’t help but to get mad. I literally have no idea what is going on.

Mark doesn’t seem bothered at my outburst and he continues tapping on his phone.

“Can I atleast have my phone back?” I ask after a minute of silence. One of the men have taken my phone when they abducted me.

Mark finally tears his gaze from his phone to look at me. “You’ll have it back once we land.”

I roll my eyes. He’s starting to sound like his boss. So overbearing and controlling.
I sulked all the way, thinking of numerous possibilities of what is awaiting me once we land. I don’t know what to expect and seeing Mark here makes me nervous as hell. There’s no doubt then that the boss is behind this. Damn it! I don’t even know what to feel anymore when I see him.

“Miss Towers, please look down.” Mark suddenly says after an hour of flying and we feel the helicopter going down preparing for a landing.

I frown but obediently look down at the window beside me. What could be down here th- Oh, damn. . .

Am I seeing this real?

I couldn’t help but to gasp at the unbelievable sight below me. Gosh, this is so. . .

Below us is a large island surrounded by clear waters and at the center is a large villa. It stands there looking so grand at the middle of the island. At one side, there’s another helicopter resting amidst the green grass. But what really caught my eyes and made my heart beat frantically out of my chest is the parade of large bouquets of red roses. The large bunches were skillfully arranged that they form something: I’M SORRY HANNAH

Something tugs at my heart seeing those words and I could feel the effort and sincerity in it.

At that moment, the pilot starts announcing our landing but my gaze is fixed on the large letters formed by the red roses.
The helicopter carefully lands a hundred feet away from the roses as I watch in amazement how the bouquets are still standing perfectly in one piece even with the strong winds brought by the helicopter’s metal blades. Some petals plucked from the roses are flying around  against the wind seemingly dancing in delight as they add to the magnificent vibe.