CHAPTER 10

Hannah Towers' POV

I glance nervously at my surroundings but I couldn’t quite decipher anything around me. Everything is so dark and I feel so alone. I look up for any sign of the sky but I all I could see is darkness. I close my eyes for a minute and opens them again hoping I could see something now. Just then I hear sudden screams of men coming closer to where I am.

My heart suddenly picks its pace and is beating furiously out of my chest. I do not know where to head but I started to run blindly in the dark. The screams are getting closer and I am trembling in fear. My feet are already running as fast as it could but I feel like I am too slow.

Just then a sparkle of light catches my eyes and I follow it, straining all my willpower trying to run faster. But before I could reach and at least touch it, I suddenly fell in a hole that I didn’t see earlier. I lost control and my body is sliding through a large tunnel. It feels like forever and the tunnel seems endless because I counted ten seconds and I am still sliding down in a fast pace without any sign of an opening. Then I hear a powerful voice calling my name.

“Hannah!”

The voice seems vaguely familiar but my mind is currently hazy not allowing me to process anything right now.

“Hannah!”

It calls me again and this time the voice is louder but I still couldn’t place whose voice is it.

I jerk my eyes open and found myself staring at my own ceiling. I still have my blanket wrapped around me and I feel so sweaty. I touch my forehead and I feel beads of sweat dampening my skin.

Damn, that was such a nightmare. I check the time on my phone, it’s 1 AM.
I whispered a short prayer of thanks for not dying in my sleep. It really felt like I was trapped in a black hole and would trapped there forever.

I always have this kind of nightmare whenever I feel like the loan sharks are coming closer to collect their money and my life.

It was hours before I found my sleep again.

***

I groan and almost cursed at whoever is at the door endlessly ringing my doorbell. I groggily sit up on my bed and yawned. Thanks to the nightmare, I got little sleep.  I glance at my bedside clock and it’s still 7 in the morning. Who the hell would visit me today? Surely not the loan sharks since I just paid them yesterday.

I intended to sleep the whole day today since I already decided I won’t be attending the seminar. I've given it a lot of thought after Justin drove me home last night.

I intentionally walk slowly hoping that whoever is at my door would get bored and leave. Unfortunately, I arrive at the door with the doorbell still ringing. I unlock and open the door not minding to fix how I look.

“Yes, what can I−” the rest of my words got stuck in my throat when Justin emerges and just strode past me and inside to my living room. I just saw him yesterday when he showed up unexpected at my workplace and now that he’s here barging into my apartment, I wonder what the hell is he planning again.

“Pack your clothes. You’re coming with me.” he commands me as soon as he steps inside.

“What?”

He didn’t bother to explain further but instead he heads straight to my bedroom and opens my closet.

Mark, his driver also comes in and after giving me a curt nod he follows his boss to my bedroom while carrying a small luggage.

“Hey, wait. What the hell is going on?” I rush after them but Justin is already dumping some of my clothes into the luggage while Mark is obligingly folding them to fit in the bag.

“I told you, we’re going somewhere.” He replies and turns his attention on me. “And Hannah,” he grabs throws a coat he just got from my closet and wraps it around me. “you need to get ready, we will be leaving in twenty minutes.”

What the…

“Justin.” I raise my hands in protest and unwraps the coat around my body. “Justin, you can’t just barge in and drag me to some damn place I would want to be.”

Justin looks unfazed at my protest but instead he folds his arms infront of his chest and looks at me amusingly.

“You look sexy in that shirt.”

Shit!

I hurriedly cross my arms over my chest as I realize I am just wearing a white shirt with no bra.

“Oh, there’s no need to be ashamed.” He teases and winks at me. I know he already saw my body but I still feel ashamed in front of him and besides Mark is also here.

I glare at him. “Anyway, I am not going anywhere. I have my own schedule and unlike you I do not have the time to waste.”

“But you were sleeping.”

“Uhm, sleeping is in my itinerary today.”

He glances at his watch. “Fifteen minutes left, Hannah. Pack your necessities and let’s ge−”

“I told you I am not going anywhere.”I stubbornly say.

Justin sighs and signals Mark to go out.

Oh, man. My heartbeat hikes as soon as Mark exited leaving only the two of us here in my bedroom.

After Mark left us, he walks closer to me and I step back until my back collided with the wall behind me. His gaze is burning into me as he raises his arms and rest them beside my head trapping me in between.

“Hannah, either you get ready or I will forcefully drag you out.” He whispers every word with authority.

Even though my knees are already shaking at his closeness, I buckle up and meet his smoldering eyes.

“Justin, forcing me and dragging me to some place against my will is not part our deal.”

He leans down bringing his face closer. “I get your point but I thought you always wanted to go to New York.”

New York? My eyes suddenly sparkled.

“Did you just say New York?”

He doesn’t reply but instead he just shrugs his shoulders.

“How the hell did you know that?”

“Hannah, you told me when we had dinner last time. And your life on Facebook was an open book.”

“You stalked me on Facebook?” I gape at him unbelievably. “But I already stopped using that account.”

I remember how I once posted a picture of the famous New York City with a caption of how I really wanted to visit it. But then I stopped all my social media accounts after my father died for my safety when I learnt about the loan sharks.

“Nothing’s too hard to search when you have the resources.” He boasts and the tiny glee I felt a while ago at the mention of New York vanishes and is replaced with repulsion at his arrogance.

“Anyway,even though that’s New York, why would you take me there?” I try to push him away but he doesn’t budge.

“May I remind you dear Hannah, we had a deal remember?”

“And that deal doesn’t include you taking me anywhere.”

He heaves a sigh before suddenly pulling my waist towards him that I gasp in surprise.

“Hannah, don’t you think I need some pleasure while I’m away on New York?” he murmurs in a low voice and I blush knowing that the pleasure he is referring to is indeed our deal.

I push him again and this time he pulls away chuckling at my flushed face.

Damn! Why am I blushing?

“You look so flustered, Hannah.”

“Fine! I’ll come with you but shouldn’t my pay be doubled since−”

“Deal.”

I gape at him in shock. I thought he would reconsider bringing me with him if I increase my price but I forgot he is a rich bastard.

---