CHAPTER 6

Hannah Towers' POV

Indeed it’s the perverted devil I was thinking about a while ago. The corners of his mouth lifts subtly in a small smile as he hands me back my pack of facial wipes.

“I think you need a hand.” He declares and proceeds to take the paper bag out of my hands.

“N-No, it’s okay, Mr. Royce. I can handle this.” I protest but in vain. He already had my bag of groceries in his arms. He starts walking ahead of me so I am left with no choice but to follow him.

I look at his back in front of me. He is wearing a simple grey shirt paired with black jeans but he still manages to stand out. He already seem so out of place in this part of the mall. Why is he even here? Does he do his own shopping? Suddenly, he stops and I hurriedly walk to his side.

He glances at me. “Where would you like to eat?”

“What?”

“I said−”

I interrupt him while stammering. “I-I mean… Are you saying that…uh, you mean…oh damn.” I let out a sigh scolding myself for stammering but he just stares at me amusingly.

“Yes, I mean we should have lunch together. I bet you haven’t eaten yet.” He replies casually.

“But Mr. Royce−”

“I thought I already said you should call me Justin.”

Yes, surely he did during our third meet up but I wasn’t used to calling him by his first name.

“Uhm, okay, Justin, having lunches together was definitely not part of the deal.” I almost whispered the last words, fearing that someone might hear us even though I doubt they would discern what kind of deal I am talking about.

“I know.” He replies and throws me a small smile. “But I won’t touch you. We’ll just have lunch and I’ll pay you for your time.”

“Why would you do that?” I ask suspicious of his offer.

“Because I want to and I can.” He simply answers and Mark suddenly appears out of nowhere and Justin hands him my bag of groceries.

“Take this to the car and be on standby. We’ll just have lunch.” He orders Mark while I stand uncomfortably not believing that I’ll be having lunch with Justin today.

Mark obediently takes my bag of groceries and Justin whisks me off in search of a suitable place for lunch.

Not long after, we enter a simple but elegant-looking diner and a blond waiter with a tight blouse and short skirt greets us before gladly walking us to a table.

I awkwardly sit and Justin does the same, sitting across me. The waitress is unnecessarily standing so close to Justin and looking down dreamily at him. I roll my eyes but Justin is not even looking up at her.

“What do you want to eat, Hannah?” Justin asks me instead, ignoring the overwhelming presence of the waitress beside him.

“Uhm, I would like some baked mac with extra cheese,  chicken fried steak, crispy fried potatoes and a bowl of vegetable salad.”

I glance at Justin after my orders and he is looking at me with a smile playing on his lips.

I frown at him. “What?”

“Are you that hungry?” he grins at me.

I almost fell off my chair as I couldn’t believe he is smiling and grinning at me like a care-free teenager. Usually, he has a stoic face that could make anyone uncomfortable including me.