8. Sports class

Briar's POV
A few days have already passed but I was so consumed in my book, that it felt like the days have become shorter.

Though I haven't completed my book yet. I was reading it slow, with feel and trust me it's an amazing book.

Well, this new semester I want to score more. Last time my result was a bit low mainly because I don't participate in extra activities like acting, singing or sports much.

But this year I've decided to take part in some activities. I don't know in which one though.

So, to decide which extra class I'm gonna join, I've decided to take trial classes and they start today.

today I'm going for sports. I was hoping that it turns out well.

Our sports period is in the end of the day, meaning I can rest, as soon as I'm free. I wouldn't be forced to attend more classes.

My body weight is not much but I'm not skinny. I've always taken care of my diet since I was young.

In my beginning years of schooling, I was very fat. Like, I was so fat that I could not even run very fast.

My cheeks were like, I have two apples permanently installed on face.

Everyone used to call me fat but my best friends Gretchen and Bianca, never let anyone say anything bad to me.

Yes, we are friends since then. Later our group was joined by Ariana, Rosè and Charlotte.

No matter how much my friends irritate me I know that they love me a lot.

And, I too love them too much.

In my fourth grade I got a disease, which reduced my body weight to half. I was happy with the fact that my weight reduced and since then I've maintained it.

Not letting myself gain weight.

But my mom was very concerned about it. Because of that disease my immune system lost its strength making me internally weak.

It's been a lot of years but I still haven't been able to recover my total strength. That's why I don't participate in activities very much.

But this time I want to give it a shot. Maybe this will increase my stamina as well.

The bell rang and we all went to our dressing room changing into our sports shorts and T-shirts.

After changing, we quickly assembled in the field where our teachers were waiting for us.

"Good morning students!" our P.E. instructor, Mr. Jacob Tyler, said enthusiastically.

He's one of the youngest teachers in school. Being a sports person he's very fit and has an amazing body.

Say, he's the crush of more than half of the school.

I also like him but not like those girls who bunk their classes to attend his. Or just act too clingy towards him.

That really irritates me.

I remember during our sports day programme I was assigned the duty with Mr. Jacob.

But because of some health issues I was unable to do a lot of running and 'standing in the sun' work.

So, my teacher suggested me to handover the duty to some other girl.

And Oh my Goodness! there were so many girls begging me to give them the job so that they could stay near Mr. Jacob.

I felt like holding an auction, giving the job to the girl who would be the highest bidder.