37. Disaster Date

Briar's POV
"Holy shit! He looks so hot!" Bianca whispered in Charlotte's ear.

"Shut up! He might listen to you" Charlotte said pinching her shoulder lightly.

"Girls you ready, there's no teacher here, right now. We can talk to them for a few minutes, but we have to meet near the entrance after exactly twenty minutes. Got it?" Ariana said looking at her watch.

Everyone nodded but I was still lost in the thoughts of Mr. Wilson getting mad at me, but Ariana tapped my shoulder bringing me to reality.

"Got it Briar?!" she asked me and I nodded.

'I knew exactly what to do, but in a much more real sense, I had no idea what to do'- Michael Scott from Office.

Yes, that's me right now.

That's me because I genuinely didn't know what I would do with that guy. It's like you're assigned a work but you have no courage or interest to do it nicely. I walked in the guy's direction and soon saw him much more clearer and nearer.

Not going to lie he was really cute. Just like any other handsome high school teenager, who hits puberty and develops a charming vibe about himself.

We all met the guys and very quickly they scattered away with their dates. Now it was just me and the boy. It was as if, we stood there like strangers waiting in a cue. The awkwardness that we were facing was another level.

It was awkward not only because I wasn't interested in this boy, but also because I was genuinely nervous. I've never talked to a boy like this. It just feels that I'm forcing myself into something I'm not comfortable in doing.

But you talk to Mr. Wilson.

He's a different case! Moreover he's not a person I'm going to date. Right?

See! You yourself are not sure, as you picture yourself with him.

No, it's not like that!

It's just, I don't know why, but everything related to him just feel a little more interesting. Even in the worst circumstances, when he gets me along, it's becomes so simple. It's like I don't have to force myself. Everything about him is so attractive. I never find, being around him, difficult. I don't know why he's different and has that effect on me.

That's because you love him! Fool!

But that's what the problem is! I can't imagine having a future with him. He's older than me. The gap between our ages is not a minor one. And no matter how much we try, we can never ignore it. Moreover having a relationship with your school's principal sounds so unreal to be accepted.

I'm trying hard not to think about him and all I'm doing to be having thoughts about him in my head.

"Umm hey, I'm Dylan" he said breaking the silence.

I looked up and met his beautiful face; he gave me a polite smile. His voice was so nice to hear though it only made me more tensed. I gulped my saliva, licking my dry lips. I was suddenly out of words when I realized it's bad manners to, not reply to someone's greetings.

"h-hey, I'm B-Briar! Nice to m-meet y-you" I said stuttering.

I cursed under my breath. I hate making myself embarrassed. But I heard a chuckle which grabbed my attention. I looked at Dylan and he slightly tilted his head.

"You're cute Briar" he said smiling, trying to calm me down.

I smiled a little and said "Thank you"

"So,umm, how are you?" he asked as we started walking.

"I'm good, you?" I said.

"I'm good too" he said and once again there was awkward silence.

I thought there would be another performance, in which we both would just walk without talking, making it very awkward. And seeing how boring I am, he'll probably make an excuse to go away. But something I didn't imagine, happened.

It was all fine enough till he suddenly held my hand and took me towards the staircase which led to the first floor. My mind almost went blank and my body just reacted in a way it should have. Or maybe not? I don't know. I followed him and we soon reached there.

We stopped and panted as we were running really fast. I looked at him with a confused look, staring at his hand which was still holding my wrist. He realized it and quickly left my hand.

"Oh, I'm so sorry Briar! I actually saw my teacher coming in our direction. I didn't want to get caught, that's why I pulled you here all of a sudden. I'm sorry" he said with his head down.

Seeing he was genuinely upset I said "It's fine. I understand. Don't feel sad about it"

"You sure?" he asked looking all cute like a puppy.

I smiled and nodded "yes"

He nodded smiling brightly. We then went forward looking at the paintings. No doubt all of them were fabulous. Just too pretty. We were just looking around when I got a message from Ariana.

Ari honey:
Where are you?
Come back rn!

"What happened Briar?" he asked.

"Umm, my friends are calling me back. I think we should leave" I said in a hurry.

Dylan clearly looked upset, so, to cheer up his mood a little I tapped his shoulder.

"Hey, I had a nice time with you" I said with a little smile.

"Likewise. I wish you could stay a little longer" he said with smile though he looked sad.

"I'm sorry Dylan" I said and he nodded.

Then we went to the entrance, where I was supposed to meet all the girls. We soon reached the gate and I saw Charlotte and Rosé standing a little away, near the alley. I waved at them but suddenly Dylan held my freed hand. I turned around but saw something unexpected.

Something which took away my breath.

Shouldn't you say, someone?

I saw Mr. Wilson blocking Dylan's hand from holding mine. So basically it wasn't Dylan, but Mr. Wilson who was holding my wrist.

I would've smiled at the feeling of Mr. Wilson holding my hand, but seeing him giving a death stare to Dylan sent chills down my spine. I suddenly became so nervous and noticed that his grip was so tight on my hand.

"Who the hell are you? Leave my hand!" Dylan said trying to let go off his hold, but Mr. Wilson stood there, all unaffected.

Of course, he was much taller, stronger and older than Dylan. I felt bad for him but I didn't have the courage to stop Mr. Wilson. I was so scared of him.

"I'll leave, but first you have to tell me, how dare you tried to touch her?" he said in his deep scary voice. It made me even more tensed.

"She's my friend, I can touch her anywhere! Who are you to stop me? Just mind your own business, dude" he said angrily.

Mr. Wilson let out a frustrated chuckle and the next thing he did was completely not expected and moreover not even required.

Yes it wasn't.

He let go off Dylan's hand and used that freed hand to punch his face. My mouth hung open, seeing Dylan flinching back and his nose started bleeding.

"Dylan-"I said but Mr. Wilson saw me.

I expected some sort of scolding but he just gave me a blank stare and left my hand, going away. I just stood there all clueless.

Whoa! He punched him real bad. I feel bad for Dylan; he seemed like a nice guy. Right? Also, sorry for this short useless chapter, I'll make next ones interesting, I promise.

A little spoiler only for you guys, because I love you all.

Next chapter will have Gareth's POV. ;)

Till then stay safe and take care of yourself.

See you soon beauties.

Vote and comment.

:)