20. Annual Day

Above picture shows Briar's dresses during the annual day.

Briar's POV
Today is a big day. Today is our 21th Annual day. Something we've been practicing for a very long time. I wouldn't have been very excited but today I am, because I'm also performing.

Yes! I'm dancing in one of the most amazing performances of our entire show!

When I told Mrs. Jones that I also want to participate in the dance she agreed and asked our dance trainer to let me in. She saw me and said that I should be in the lead.

All thanks to Mrs. Jones. I love her.

I always loved dancing. A major reason why I was chosen is that I can learn a dance move much more easily and quickly as I am a dancer.

Not a professional one though, I just love dancing. I want to pursue my career in this field as well, but dad thinks that I should do something related to academics.

He hasn't stopped me from getting into dancing but he wants my major to be something related to studies. He also made me join a dance academy which I attend every year in our vacations when I go back home.

So that's why I don't really argue with him about it, because he isn't barring me from dancing at least. In fact he appreciates it. So I feel like its my duty to agree with everything he asks me, as he doesn't want anything wrong happening to me.

Another reason why I am very excited is that my parents are also coming to see my performance. I know they love me a lot that's why they're flying from Canada just to see me perform.

Also we're wearing really beautiful costumes for our show. Every dance has a different dress and because I'm a host as well, I've to change my dress.

It'll be hard but my teachers have arranged a group of girls to help me swap my dresses in less than ten minutes. I'm worried as I want everything to go well.

But something really bad happened to some girls. The person who is designing our costumes is a pedophile. He literally took advantage of some girls while taking measurements.

One of my friend told me about it and I couldn't just sit letting him do anything he wants. I immediately reported the situation to my teacher, but even she couldn't really do anything about it.

She said that only this designer agreed to make it in such a short time span, we can't really push him out. I understood the urgency and even my teacher helped me.

So, when my measurement were being taken a teacher was present in the room, and so for the girls after me. He couldn't really do anything.

Our teacher suggested all the girls to be alert and stay away from that man. Of course what will he do in just one day? He'll be here only for today and then he'll be gone.

I just hope nothing goes wrong.

We were in the dorms getting ready. My costume was a baby pink coat with pants and a white T-shirt, as I'm a host as well. Later I'll change into strap crop top with a greyish coloured long skirt, for the dance.

On a whole, both of my outfits were just too amazing. I loved both of them so much. I was looking at myself in the mirror when I heard a knock on the door.

Charlotte went to see who's there. A girl came in and told us that all the students are asked to assemble in the hall.

We all were participating in something or the other and all our parents are coming, so, we were very happy.

Soon we left the dorm and went towards the hall. It was an evening show, our dresses were shining in the light, it looked so pretty. Ariana's dress was the prettiest, though she liked mine more.

We went in the hall and almost everyone was there. So much noise and talking was all I could hear. This happens in the morning during the prayer service.

"I'm going to click so many pictures today!" Bianca said.

"Yeah! We all look so sexy" Gretchen said and all of us laughed.

But soon we heard a voice which was different from the crowd. It was our teacher who said all of us to be quiet on the mic.

"Everyone calm down! Leaders in front, now! Quickly" she said.

I furrowed my eyebrows in frustration. Can't they let me stay with my friends even today?!

Gretchen gave me a flying kiss and Ariana side hugged me.

"it's alright baby! We'll see you later" she said and I nodded unwillingly leaving them.

I quickly went in the front and stood in front of the row and so did the others council members. Then we all stood straight.

I was looking at the stage at our teacher but soon my eyes met with a different pair of eyes. They belonged to Mr. Wilson.

He was staring at me with a little shocked eyes. My eyebrows furrowed automatically and he realized he was still staring at me, so, he just looked away.

I chuckled a bit. Maybe he was awestruck.

Yeah! A grown up man would get awestruck by a teenager! Are you stupid Briar?!

I shook my head away, resuming my eyes to the stage but I again saw Mr. Wilson, as now he was standing in the podium.

"Good evening everyone" he said in his usual soft voice.

"Today's a big day, not just for you, but even for me. It's my first time being a part of such a celebration. I'm very excited, just like you all" he said chuckling and all the students too laughed.

"I just hope everything goes well. All the best my students, do your best and believe in yourselves, because I do" he said.

"By the way, you all look very beautiful" he said and gave the most beautiful smile.

Half of the girls went like "Awww!"

Our teachers got angry making us quiet, but Mr. Wilson laughed a bit on the mic and then everyone said in unison "Thank you sir!"

He chuckled and said "Your welcome"

Then he went down.

---------------------------------------

Soon the programme started, I was backstage with my mic, I was very nervous. My heart was beating very fast. I was worried, as I don't want to mess up anything.

My turn was about to come, when suddenly someone tapped my shoulder, I turned around and met Mrs. Jones.

She smiled and rubbed my hand, and said "All the best my dear. You'll do amazing"

"Thankyou ma'am" I said.

Then my turn came and I went onstage. The crowd was looking at me, I was nervous. It was dark so I couldn't really see anyone known, except for Mr. Wilson.

He was sitting in the front and the lights were on him. He was too looking at me, I took a deep breath and he smiled looking at me.

Then he showed me a thumbs up and gave me a genuine smile. I got a little confidence and then I started speaking my dialogue.

My eyes only met his everytime I looked at the crowd and he always gave me a reassuring smile, making me believe everything was going well.

At least there's someone to support me right now. I'm so thankful that he's sitting there.

Wow! That's cute. He's supporting her. I hope she completes her part nicely. Though I'm very excited for the next chapter.

Any guess what will happen? Tell me in the comment section.

This chapter is published in the celebration of my (the author's) birthday. A treat from my side to all my lovely readers.

See you next week angels!
(♡˙︶˙♡)

Vote and comment.

:)