33. Walker Art Gallery

Briar's POV
I was standing in front of his room. I looked back and saw my five bastards, signaling me to go forward. A similar memory rushed back.

The flashback of the first day when I met Mr. Wilson, came in my head. It's weird how everything has changed now. It's weird how that day all I wished, was him to forget me and now all I wish is, for him to be around me.

Time runs fast and we see things changing their pattern into something we never imagined. We lose ourselves and a new version of us updates, which becomes much more bold and challenging. It's more experienced and careful.

But why do we still commit mistakes?

Because the very basis hasn't changed.

We're still the people we were, but just updated.

We have similar preferences, similar habits, similar fears. Just the courage to face them increases. So now, even if I was standing in front of his room I wasn't very scared, though I was nervous.

I raised my hand to ring the doorbell but I heard Gretchen from behind.

"Hey! He's in the garden downstairs"

We all rushed towards her and saw through the huge glass window. He was walking in the garden.

"You should go now, Briar! He seems to be relaxed. He won't disagree with you" Charlotte said.

"Of course! Briar is his favorite student" Ariana said teasing me. I rolled my eyes at her.

"I'll talk to him tomorrow" I said trying to avoid the situation I was in.

"No! What if he doesn't change the program tomorrow?" Rosé said.

"Or you can say, what if he is not able to change it on the spot, tomorrow?" Bianca said and others nodded.

I took a deep breath with my eyebrows furrowed in irritation. I lazily started walking downstairs.

I entered the lift and rubbed my arms generating some heat, because apparently my hoodie was not able to stop the cold from freezing my body.

I soon reached the ground floor and entered the reception area. But, I suddenly saw Mr. Tyler standing near the counter, he was looking at some papers.

I quickly hid behind the pillar and waited for him to leave because he finds out I'm here, he'll ask me to go back to my room.

After sometime he left and I quickly sneaked into the garden area where I saw Mr. Wilson walking around the little artificial waterfall.

As usual he looked so perfect. But I noticed one thing different, he looked disturbed and sort of confused.

The wind was blowing, the nature's scent filled the entire place, the little lamps gave enough light to make the place look absolutely mesmerizing and a masterpiece, Mr. Wilson amidst all this, made the environment so stunning and attractive.

I was just looking at him when I noticed him wearing a similar grey colored, over sized hoodie like me. To be honest this was the first time when he appeared cute. Like really cute.

His hair messily covered his forehead. His nose and lips were red because of the chill in the air. His hands were in the pockets of the pajamas he wore.

He looked like a college student who is overworked because of his studies and part time job.

Wow! That is a very oddly accurate detail about a guy.

I read a lot of books. I've got amazing imagination of any scenario you can think of. I was just smiling when a sudden wind gifted me goosebumps all over my body. I shivered and regretted wearing shorts on such a cold night.