22. I'll take care of her

Gareth's POV
I saw Briar going towards the changing room. I would've followed her, but two very important thoughts came in my mind.

One, why am I going there? And two, even if I go, what will I do there?

So I decided to ignore it.

But after sometime, my attention again was grabbed by a man going towards the changing room. It felt weird as almost the entire staff and other workers were in the field. It was dark, so, I couldn't really see who it was.

I wouldn't have gone behind him, but that man gave a strange feeling. He was looking everywhere as if he didn't want anyone to know that he's going there.

These thoughts were debating in my head but I eventually decided to follow him. Though I went after him almost three to four minutes later.

I wasn't going very fast but when I heard a fainted voice of someone screaming, adrenaline rushed through my entire body and my steps became fast.

I followed the voice. My mind was fussed with the thought of something bad happening and I can't let it happen, at least not in my presence.

The voice could be of a staff member, a student or even Briar!

I went more quickly and soon reached the corridor where the voice could be heard from, though now I couldn't really hear anything, it's like the person stopped shouting. I soon reached near the changing room.

I saw a man who had pinned Briar against the wall and was kissing her. He had held her hands above her head. I quickly went towards them and pulled him away from her.

I held him by his collar and punched him in the face. He fell on the floor wincing in pain. His nose started bleeding. I was so angry and my brain only signalled me to hit this man.

I kicked him and punched him again. He in his defence, pushed me away and taking advantage of the break, he got up and ran away.

"How far will you go, Bastard!" I shouted but he didn't even turned once. Of course he was scared.

I quickly took out my phone and called the security office. The Gaurd picked up the call and I said.

"Close the doors! There's a man who's running away. Don't let him, or anyone go out! I'll be there soon"

"Okay, okay sir!" he said in a hurry and kept the call.

Then, my eyes travelled towards Briar. She was sitting on the floor, so lifeless and numb. She looked so scared, all pale. I went towards her and helped her getting up, rubbing her hands.

"He's gone, Briar" I said but she didn't even respond a little.

A stream of tear went down her face. She was so shocked that she was not even able to feel anything. I shook her and rubbed her hands.

She suddenly looked at me and after a second started crying so badly. I cupped her face, wiping her tears. She was shocked and couldn't say anything.

But she quickly hugged me, as if she was trying to hide. Her face was burried in my neck and her hands were around my waist. I patted her back lightly, caressing it, trying to calm her down.

She was so cold, and felt so fragile as if she doesn't have life. I got worried and upset. How could a man behave like this with anyone?!

I felt so irresponsible. I should've been more alert. I felt like I failed, handling this post and couldn't even take care of all the children.

But my attention again was grabbed by the sobbing and crying Briar. I felt like it was my mistake as well, that she faced something like this.

I rubbed her back and said "Calm down Briar! It's okay"