43. Answer Me

Briar's POV
"Are you crazy?!" Gretchen frowned at me. She clearly looked extremely annoyed.

She was the one who knocked on the door and as assumed by my intuitions, she knew about me and Mr. Wilson's relationship. I wonder how? But if I ask her at the moment she'd probably beat the shit out of me.

Yes, she would, not even kidding.

I had nothing to defend myself with because no matter how much I try to normalize this, our relationship can never be accepted by people.

"Do you have any idea what you are doing?!" Gretchen asked angrily and my face was down in embarrassment.

"Answer me Briar! Your silence won't clear my confusion" her voice reflected disappointment.

I gulped hard trying to find words to frame an answer, but it was Impossible. What could I possibly say to her? Should I say that who is she to say anything about my relationship?!

Yeah, if you want her to scream and probably kill you, then sure go ahead.

I looked up at her and she boiling in anger and my silence was just increasing it so I gathered all my courage to say a few words. You can say she completes the missing space of my parent's absence. She's like my mom's replica.

"Uhmm, Gretchen, I can explain-" I said trying to hold her hand.

But she jerked it off and said "There's no explanation for this Briar! It's wrong and you shouldn't do this!"

"Have you thought about your dad and mom?! Do you realize how upset they'll be because of you if they find out that you're dating the principal of your fucking school?!" She shouted.

"You must be crazy and outta your mind! I can't believe this Briar! You're probably the last person I'd expect to do something like this. Sigh. You know very well, I'm not against dating, but Briar! He's literally double your fucking age!" She said putting emphasis on every single word.

She shook her head and went back inside Mr. Wilson's office. He was leaning against the wall near the gate, but quickly stood straight when he saw Gretchen coming inside. She went near him and looked at him with her eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't want to disrespect you sir, but do you have any shame left in yourself? How do you even look at yourself in the mirror after doing such a thing?! She's simple right? With a clean heart. So you thought why not take advantage of her?!" She said angrily and Mr. Wilson kept looking at her as if observing each and every word she was saying.

"I honestly don't care what happened between you two- wait hold on! Did you guys do it? Did you guys had sex?!" She asked looking at both of us. My eyes almost came out and my mouth hung open.

"Gretchen what are even talking about?! Of course we didn't" I said trying to make her stop talking, which was absolutely useless.

"Wow, at least that's a relief" she said in a sarcastic tone.

"I think you've taken enough advantage of her, Mr. Pedo. Now, I think it's better if you just leave her alone and focus on your job" she said, probably killing Mr. Wilson in her head.

Then she came towards me and held my wrist, pulling me out, but we heard a voice from behind.

"I'm not taking advantage of her, Gretchen" Mr. Wilson said. We both turned around and Gretchen furrowed her eyebrows.

"Yeah, practicing your sexual desires on her is equivalent to taking advantage" she said with a disgusted look.

"I'm not doing that either" Mr. Wilson said.