21. My life is over

Briar's POV
As we bowed everyone clapped and cheered for us. I was extremely happy as I did my part perfectly. I went inside the curtains and everyone gave us a thumbs up.

I was happy.

But now the real challenge was up. I had to change my dress. My friends were waiting for me with the bag. We quickly went to the changing room. I hurridly took off my dress inside a room.

When I was taking off my T-shirt I felt like someone was staring at me. I turned around and no one was there. It felt weird. You know when someone is looking at you, your body aromaticallly gives you an indication and you become alert.

Same happened with me.

My eyes travelled to the window, but no one was there. I, putting that thought away, quickly changed into my dress. That dress looked so sexy. It was so beautiful.

I came out and all my friends complimented me. Luckily my hair style was just open hair. So all I had to do was comb my hair nicely and I was done. Doing a little touch up, I quickly went towards the entry.

It took us almost ten to fifteen minutes to get ready. Everyone was waiting for me in line. As I was in the lead, I had to stand in front.

I went forward and stood in front. Mr. Tyler was standing there, checking and helping the students with some heavy props. He looked at me and gave me a sweet smile.

I smiled back. Then he said.

"You're up next?" he asked.

"Yeah!" I said excitedly.

He nodded and said with a smile "Good luck champ!"

"Thank you sir" I said bowing and smiling. I was so excited. That ticklish sensation wasn't leaving my stomach.

Then I suddenly heard our dance trainer coming near me and saying, "Girls, you're up next! All ready?"

I looked around seeing if everyone was there. After checking, I said.

"Yes ma'am!"

"Good! All the best" she said and all of us nodded with a smile.

Then finally the time came. My heart was beating way too fast. I was nervous. But I took a deep breath and smiled.

Smiling is a very important part of any performance, because a smile portrays how confident you are. Even if you mess up onstage, a smile can fix any problem.

Though it may not work all the time.

I went onstage and I could here the audience cheering. The spotlight was on me and I was all ready to perform. The music began and I soon started dancing.

The entire audience was so silent as if they were observing our dance with full concentration. I soon flew with the rhythm of the song and my anxiety went away.

A natural smile came on my face and I was enjoying the dance. Soon it came towards the end where the surprising element was the cartwheel and a back flip, which one of the girl in our group was supposed to do.

When she did it there was a huge cheering and our dance ended, successfully. Everyone clapped and even hooted. I was so happy that my performance was good.

------------------------------------------

The show was ended by a speech by our principal. It wasn't a boring one, but a very interesting one. Or you can say Mr. Wilson made it interesting adding his life experiences. He just makes everything much better than it should be.

There was also a confetti show in the very end. Imagine confetti floating everywhere. It looked like a concert. So beautiful. And of course we clicked so many pictures, secretly.