There's always a Reason (SoraUra)

Requested by: @Lunizaelyna
Pairing: Soraru x Urata
University AU

Urata groaned when he noticed his roommate still sitting by his desk typing on his computer. What even was he doing at a time like this? It was 3 am for gods sake!

"Soraru, go to sleep damn it...", Urata mumbled as he buried his face into the pillow his words being muffled by it.

"I will soon.", the other male muttered as he continued typing on his computer not averting his gaze. "What are you even doing at a time like this?! Your typing distracts me and I can't go to sleep! And you are doing this almost every night!", Urata complained as Soraru stopped momentarily. "I have to do some important assignments.", Soraru merely answered as Urata scoffed at the answer.

Honestly, he couldn't believe it as he thought that the ravenette just played games all night and used his assignments as an excuse to stay up. But could you really blame him?

After all, every time Urata saw his roommate on day, he would always lay on the bed sleeping or just scribbling things inside some notebook. And according to Soraru's classmates, the ravenette wouldn't even have to study and would still get great marks. And the older male was always seen either reading books or looking at his phone or laptop in his free time in school.

How should he believe him then, when he told him that he was actually studying and not gaming? "And you're doing them every night at this hour? Honestly, what kind of student are you if you can't even finish your own assignments before your deadline?", Urata asked clearly not believing him as it was Soraru's turn to scoff.

"I'm basically just like all the other students. If you don't want to keep seeing me work every night, you can just go to the principals office to ask to change roommates.", Soraru argued as the brunette hesitated before huffing.

The two of them never really actually talked. And when they did, it was always some short conversation where they argued about something so Urata wasn't especially fond of the ravenette.

"Well, I would if I could. But I am not one to go to the principal every time I don't like something.", Urata said as Soraru rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, sure.", he said as Urata sat up a bit now that he was awake anyway and couldn't go back to sleep. "Well, now that you woke me up, you can just tell me what your assignment is about.

Maybe I can help you so you can finally go to sleep and I can sleep in peace as well.", Urata told the other who just hummed.

"I don't think you can help me. After all, you are not even studying the same major as me.", Soraru answered and just then did Urata realize that he didn't even know what major Soraru studied while Soraru apparently knew.

Soraru seemed to have noticed that the brunette didn't know as he decided to answer him.

"My major is medicine. And I highly doubt that someone taking literature as their major can help me with this.", Soraru said mockingly as Urata huffed. "Well, we won't know that until we try.", Urata argued as he took a look at the computer to see many different diagrams which he wasn't familiar with at all.

He studied literature so he was used to having long texts and not these. Soraru glanced at Urata holding back a laughter when he saw how his expression looked like.

"Lost all that confidence you had before?", Soraru asked as the younger male glared at him not wanting to back down so quickly as he pulled a chair to him sitting down next to the ravenette.

"No. You are going to explain me what your assignment is about and what you have to do so I can help.", Urata told the other determined as Soraru widened his eyes before he stayed quiet for a bit. Urata wondered what the other male was thinking about and why he looked like he had to think too much about his task.