Cliché #3

Anotha one. This isn't an AU but it is the regaining of Adrien's brain cells :p
✨Enjoy!

Prompt three: Friends?

Adrien had been hanging out more with Marinette the past week. She had seemed to overcome her stuttering 'phase' whenever he talked to Adrien and could interact with him like a normal human being now.

Which made Adrien think that it was really attractive.

He had always knew that Marinette was a very great person, from the looks of it from afar before, since he didn't really talk with her due to Marinette being nervous around him.

A thing that made him really confused.

But now, he has no excuse. He can see why people seem to really like her, aside from Chloé and Lila of course. She's sweet and really helpful to everyone. She's caring and thoughtful, making sure everyone is happy and having the time of their lives, before she makes time for herself.

She's just that kind of person.

And with that being said, he was completely and utterly screwed because of it.

The noirette was now in and out of his thoughts, sometimes, Nino would even catch him muttering her name randomly, making his face really red in the end.

Needless to say, Nino couldn't say that he was too late to like her back.

"Soooo..", Nino says out of the blue, making the blonde face him.

"So? So what?", he asks, perplexed.

"What's the deal with you and Marinette?", the brunet says, a smirk on his face.

Adrien blushed and looked away from his friend. "W-what about Marinette?", he asks.

"You seem.. close", Nino says, wiggling his eyebrows. "About time that you like her back"

"I- I don't l-like her! She's just a friend that I hang out with with really pretty blue eyes and really pink lips...", the model rambles on, slowly drifting off to daydream mode.

"Uh huh... Right.. You totally don't..", Nino deadpanned.

"R-really! She's just a f-friend..", Adrien says, looking to the side.

Friend?

He did not like that word now.

Adrien absent-mindedly scoffed, making Nino raise his eyebrow at him. "What are you thinking?", he asks.

"I don't like the word 'friend' now..", Adrien replies, frustrated.

Nino only laughed at him, which didn't really help.

He couldn't explain what he felt around Marinette and for Marinette these days. It made him feel fuzzy and warm in the chest. His face would burn up whenever Marinette would compliment him or just make a friendly gesture.

It made him want to jump in joy and hug her tightly.

Is that a bad thing?
.
.
.
These days, a flu has also been going around, making people absent from school or work, and one of those people is Adrien Agreste.

It might seem random [A/N; It is] , but he knew all too well to at least bring a mask or a handkerchief, but he didn't listen to Nathalie and caught the flu himself.

He woke up to a more runny nose than the past day and a very head splitting headache. He couldn't get up and his vision was blurry.

He could see Nathalie getting in to change the wet cloth on his head and he also heard her that she would let his father know to clear his schedule and call the school for his absence.