🌟Son Heung Min🌟

Son Heung-min born 8 July 1992 is a South Korean professional footballer who plays as a winger for Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur and captains the South Korea national team

Son Heung-min born 8 July 1992 is a South Korean professional footballer who plays as a winger for Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur and captains the South Korea national team. Considered one of the best wingers in the world, Son is often called an icon of South Korean culture,and was selected as one of the 30 best players in the world for 2019.

Born in Chuncheon, Gangwon Province, Son joined Hamburger SV at the age of 16 and debuted in the German Bundesliga in 2010. In 2013, he moved to Bayer Leverkusen for a club record €10 million before signing for Tottenham for £22 million two years later, becoming the most expensive Asian player in history. While at Tottenham, Son became the top Asian goalscorer in both Premier League and Champions League history, and surpassed Cha Bum-kun's record for most goals scored by a Korean player in European competition.

A full international since 2010, Son has represented South Korea at the 2014 and 2018 FIFA World Cups and is his country's highest scorer in the World Cup jointly with Park Ji-sung and Ahn Jung-hwan with three goals. Son has also represented South Korea at the 2018 Asian Games, where the team won gold, as well as the 2011, 2015 and 2019 editions of the AFC Asian Cup. Korea was runner-up in 2015.

Early life

Son Heung-min was born in Chuncheon, Gangwon. His father, Son Woong-jung is a retired football player turned manager who once played for the South Korea national football B team.

Son came through the academy at FC Seoul, the same club that former Spurs defender Lee Young-pyo played for. However, Son was a ball boy in an FC Seoul home match in 2008 when he was a FC Seoul youth player. At that time, his role model was midfielder Lee Chung-yong, who played for Crystal Palace and Bolton Wanderers. Apart from his native language Korean, Son is also fluent in German and English. His agent Thies Bliemeister said Son was so determined to make himself a success in Europe that he learned German by watching episodes of SpongeBob SquarePants.

Club career

Hamburger SV

In August 2008, Son dropped out of Dongbuk High School (formerly FC Seoul U-18 Team)[19] and joined Hamburger SV's youth academy at age 16 through Korean FA Youth Project.[20][21] A year later, he returned to South Korea. After participating in the FIFA U-17 World Cup, he formally joined Hamburger SV's youth academy in November 2009.

He was impressive in the 2010–11 pre-season, leading the team with nine goals, and signed his first professional contract on his 18th birthday. After scoring against Chelsea in August, he was out for two months due to a foot injury. He returned on 30 October 2010 to score his first league goal, against 1. FC Köln in the 24th minute. The goal made Son the youngest Hamburg player to score a goal in the Bundesliga at 18, breaking the record held by Manfred Kaltz.

Son playing for Hamburger SV against Elia of Werder Bremen in August 2012

During the 2011–12 pre-season, Son was explosive, scoring 18 times in only nine matches. After missing the opening match due to a fever, Son scored two goals within three matches.On 27 August, Son picked up an ankle injury in the 4–3 loss to 1. FC Köln and was initially projected to be out of action for four to six weeks. His recovery was quicker than expected, however, and he returned to action only three weeks later as a substitute in a 1–0 loss against Borussia Mönchengladbach on 17 September. Over the course of the 2011–12 season, he made 30 appearances for Hamburg and scored five goals, including crucial goals against Hannover 96 and 1. FC Nürnberg at the end of the season to help ensure that Hamburg remained in the Bundesliga.