Perishable

I slowly blink as I open my eyes to see a figure near my bed, it was revealed it was Derek, my dad.

"Derek?" I whispered.

"Yeah, it's me." I slowly stood up. Derek scooted closer to me.

"You're shocked to see me, aren't you?" I nodded.

"When I told you the truth you weren't exactly thrilled to see me," I said.

"That's true, but you just took me surprise. Because we are so alike that I couldn't believe it, I just wish I was around when you were growing up." Derek placed his hand on top of mine.

"Well, you're around now," I said.

"I'm never going anywhere," I smiled.

"Not that I'm not thrilled you're here, but where is Scott. Is he okay? I felt a shiver through my bones while I was sleeping," Derek was confused.

"It was like I felt death," Derek avoided eye contact with me.

"Derek?" I raised an eyebrow.

"Well, Scott was dead for 45 minutes to find out who the benefactor was,"

"Was as in not anymore?" Derek nodded.

"But you knew before it happened," I nodded. Derek just stared into thin air like he knew something that I didn't.

"What?"

"There's this legend about a werewolf. It only happens every 100 years."

"Okay," I sighed.

"This werewolf was just a wolf, once they met their soulmate, they would have visions of their soulmates,"

"Visions like a psychic?" Derek nodded.

"I believe, you're the psychic werewolf?" I raised an eyebrow and Derek nodded.

"How? wait, Scott" I connected the dots.

"Ding, ding we have a winner," Derek pointed to me.

"Oh god!" I was in shock.