Prolouge

Heya guys, this is my story, now feel free to skip the prologue, I'm already planning on putting the stuff that are in this chapter, in between the following chapters of the story, you just have to read to find out, thank youuuuu❤️
———

Reality is nothing but a complex web of threads.

Hi. My name is Dove Marie Bains. I used to live in San Francisco when I was still 17 years old.

Let me go back a little for you.

When I was 10 years old, I witnessed my father back hand slap my mother for the first time. Hard. So hard that his old, crusty, disgusting long fingernails managed to scratch her cheek and for blood to drip from her face. My mother wasn't even shocked by it, she had this blank look on her face with some sadness, a look that told me that she already expected that. And that's what hurt me.

I have Hemophobia, meaning that I would faint or vomit at the sight of blood.
I got that from my grandmother. And so in with the story I fainted.

Later that day I woke up in my bed. I heard some noise downstairs so I decided to take a look. I went to the railing of the wooden stairs and got ahold of two poles and stuck my face between them. As I saw my parents sitting at the dinning table laughing, smiling, feeding each other. It was quite unusual, he went from cursing and hitting to acting all lovey-dovey.

I got up and returned back to my room, only for my foot to come in contact with some kind of glass bottle right beneath the edge of my bed. I crouched down next to it as I inspected it, it was square shaped from the bottom and the neck of it has a circle shape until it ended at the hem of the bottle, it read 'JACK DANIELS' in big white letters in the front of the bottle.

I raised the bottle to my nose to smell the hem of it, I quickly withdrew the bottle from my face as the smell of disgusting dried saliva. I quickly rushed to the nearest trash can which was in the bathroom and chucked it there before going back to my room.

I know what your thinking, how can a father basically USE his daughters room as a bin for his guilt. Then I thought back to the day he slapped my mother and it clicked.

He wasn't sober.

He was drunk off of his ass. He used the excuse in being high to cover his drunken state from my mother. He even promised her not to drink again because he've seen what he've done to her when he wasn't sober. Guess that was just bullshit he was feeding her.

For the past few days when I was 10 he would come home stoned but his drunk side stood out like a flower in a forest with a bunch of dead trees. No that's too nice... like a shit in a pool full of urine. Yeah that's better.

I honestly pitied my mother. I loved her but I also pitied her. I would always tell her to get a divorce -I was 10 not 3 I knew what divorce meant- but she would dismiss the subject or just tell me she loved him too much and that I wouldn't understand.

I remember when I reached high school, my mother sat me down and told me something about relationships. She told me never to be the one to love the other person more. I always thought that was odd. That's until I thought about my parents relationship. How my father would treat my mother wrong because he knew she will always be in his side no matter what, because she loved my father more. I also realized why she had told me that, but it's not because I would be going around and starting relationships left and right. No, that wasn't the case. She told me that because she knew she's losing my father. She knew he was slipping through her fingers. And she was terrified of letting him go. But little did I know.

That was until one day I came home from school, I opened the front door only for the door to come in contact with some shards of glass that were shattered across the floor. I pushed the door wide open to see everything in our house was trashed, and I mean everything.

At first I thought someone broke into our house. I proceeded to take out my phone, thats when I heard whimpers and soft sobbing coming from inside the house. I walked in a little further and turned a corner that led to the living room, but only to see my mother crying on the floor so much that she couldn't even breath, because my father ended up leaving her, because she loved him so much but my pathetic excuse of a father up and left. Leaving me with my mother and her broken heart.

I thought my mother would turn into a completely different person, like drink to death just like my father did or spend all our money on drugs and liquor and what not. But she didn't and I was greatful for that. 

So from that day on, I started to catch myself when I fell. I didn't want to be the one to love more because I've seen what that does to people.

So I reached 18 and started looking for collages with my cousin we were thinking of moving there together and away from our home town, and in her case the hell hole she was living in. Simply because her parents didn't want a homosexual daughter, which by the way is bullshit.

She ended up moving in with me and my mother for the rest of the summer. Luckily her parents made an account for her collage fund, and surprisingly enough they didn't lock it or push the money into another account. It was more than enough to get her an apartment, get in collage and pay for her tuition.

Same goes for me, Kelly and I started working during the summer to get as much money as we can get our hands on to last us for getting groceries and pay the rent to spare us some time to focus on studying and getting a steady job.

And we made it. We got into UCLA, I majored in school of law, Kelly majored in English literature. She said she wants to be a writer. No one is stopping her.

She is just an amazing best friend and cousin at the same time. I had to keep my formalities that I learned from my mother. I only act casual with Kelly, no one else.

But...moving on with my story, a lot of these qualities we'll be forgotten. How you may ask? Lets just start with:

By Who?

———

Hello everybody this is my first book ever.
Sorry if it's shitty but... I'm learning.

Thank you for reading!