Chapter 19

Over the next week, Jennie only saw Lisa for a few hours each night. Every day, she could feel Lisa slipping away from her, and there wasn't anything she could do about it. Frustrated, Jennie gave Somin some orders, setting her plan into motion. Tonight they were going to have a nice, romantic meal together and spend some quality time together. Lisa hadn't been deployed yet, and Jennie was determined to make the most of the time they had left together. Of course, she could understand why Lisa was pulling away, but she was going to leave either way, and Jennie would have to deal with the heartache of missing her whether they spent the next few weeks attached at the hip or barely seeing each other at all. The only difference was that she'd prefer to spend as much time with Lisa as she could.

She stayed at the office late that night, waiting for Lisa to call her before deciding to leave. Somin poked her head in around six, informing Jennie that she'd fulfilled her requests, and Jennie dismissed her for the night.

It wasn't until six o'clock that Jennie's phone rang. She smiled as she answered it, listening to Lisa's voice come through.

"Hi! I'm just leaving work now; I'll be there in like an hour. Are we still on for dinner tonight?" Lisa cheerfully babbled.

"Hi, no problem. Yes, I'll sort out dinner," Jennie assured Lisa.

"Great! See you soon, bye," Lisa said, before the phone went dead.

Jennie smiled slightly to herself, refocussing her attention back onto the plans for J-Corp's latest product. She still had a while before Lisa would make it back to the city so Jennie thought she'd make the most of her time at the office.

-----

Jennie stepped out of the shower and padded back into her room. She quickly got changed before heading out to the kitchen, making sure everything was in order for when Lisa got here, which should be any minute now.

She shut the oven door at the sound of a knock on the door, and quickly untied the apron around her waist, throwing it onto the counter as she rushed to the door. Throwing it open, Jennie smiled widely at Lisa, leaning in to give her a hard kiss.

"Oh, hi," Lisa blinked in surprise, taken aback by Jennie's bright expression and forwardness. "You're in a good mood."

"Well I am now," Jennie murmured, kissing Lisa again; softly this time. She gave her a once over, taken in the shirt and jeans that Lisa was wearing. Obviously she'd already been home, which meant that she wouldn't need a shower before dinner.

Taking Lisa by the hand, Jennie pulled her inside and shut the door, before setting off back down the hallway with Lisa in tow. At the end of the hallway Lisa stopped in her tracks, looking around the room with wide eyes. There were flowers covering every surface, and candles flickering softly, bathing the room in an orange glow.

"Oh, wow," Lisa softly murmured, turning to look at Jennie with a smile on her face. "What's the occasion?"

"Does there need to be one?" Jennie asked, raising an eyebrow at Lisa as she smiled smugly.

Lisa walked over to the nearest bunch of flowers, reaching out to gently touch the petals of one of them. "What kind of flowers are these?" she asked.

Jennie came up behind her, wrapping her hands around Lisa's waist and placing her lips to her neck. "They're called plumerias," Jennie told her, kissing her way down Lisa's neck.