Chapter 74

All of Lisa's friends were home from their deployment, and for the first time since Lisa had come back, they were having a game night so that Lisa could spend time with her friends. She'd seen Mino when he'd gotten back last night, but Eunwoo and Joy had gone straight to their place in Metropolis when they'd come back next week, and were coming to town to visit. Jennie had invited Irene and Somin, and with Joy, Eunwoo and Mino, it was more of a party than they were all used to.

The smile of Lisa's face when Joy and Eunwoo showed up made Jennie's heart soar; she was hoping that having people who could somewhat relate to Lisa's situation would help make things easier for her; even if only for one night.

"I've missed you," Joy said, hugging Lisa tightly as they both laughed.

"I've missed you too! It's been so long," Lisa said, pulling away to throw her arms around Eunwoo next. "How are you both? I know we talk, but God, it feels like I haven't seen you in forever."

"Glad to be home more than anything," Eunwoo smiled as Joy came over to give Jennie a hug. "I think the real question is how are you, Jukebox?"

Lisa rolled her eyes at the old nickname. "Better than ever."

"Right, because the last I saw of you was a block of stone with your name on it," Eunwoo said, raising his eyebrows slightly. "I'm glad that's all over though, come here, tiny." Lisa laughed as she let Eunwoo wrap her in another hug.

"I wish we could've come home after finding out that you weren't actually gone," Joy grimaced. "We used all our leave for the funeral though."

"I'm just glad to have you here now," Lisa beamed at them both. "Come on, I'll introduce you to some of our other friends."

"Can I get you both a drink?" Jennie asked them both, gesturing to the spread of alcohol on her kitchen counters. "We've got pizza coming for dinner too." A few minutes later, the two of them were holding drinks while Lisa introduced them to Somin and Irene, and before long they were all chatting as if they were lifelong friends.

-----

Jennie hadn't had a proper drink in months, and she was a bit cautious as she nursed her drink, keeping an eye on Lisa to make sure she was okay. At the moment, she was talking to Irene, and Jennie groaned internally at the thought. Once things had settled back down into a normal routine, Jennie had introduced the two of them, and she'd regretted it ever since, after all the embarrassing stories had started to come out. Jennie was sure that they were talking about one of them now.

"Alright, stop your talking, it's time for Cards Against Humanity," Rosé said, picking up the stack of white cards as everyone gathered around the coffee table with their drinks. Dealing the cards, Rosé flipped over one of the black cards as everyone collected their cards. There was a lot of arguing and debating over the course of the next hour, as people were accused of cheating or playing favourites.

The game came to a finish, and Jennie jumped up to get everyone refills. Jisoo followed her to the kitchen, pinching a bottle of whiskey off the counter to fill up her own glass. "You good?"

Jennie rolled her eyes as she smiled slightly. "Just fine. You don't have to keep checking up on me."

"Good. And I know, but that's what family does," Jisoo said, pouring a glass of wine for Joy. "How were things at your mom's? Lisa seems a little more... well, relaxed. I don't know if that's the right word, but has she been okay since?"