Chapter 29

Yuri stayed for a few more days, before returning to Midvale and her patients. Jennie had spent a lot of time at Rosé's place whilst Yuri was there, keeping her company whilst Rosé was at work. Before leaving, Yuri made Jennie promise again that she would come to Midvale with Rosé and Jisoo, and Jennie agreed that she would.

She spoke to Lisa at every possible moment, and she would end up having to force Lisa to hang up and go to sleep. Jennie suspected that Lisa felt guilty about disappearing for two days, even if it wasn't her fault, and she was trying to make up for it by spending all of her free time talking to her family.

By the end of the following week, everyone had relaxed slightly, feeling like the danger had passed for the time being. Lisa was safe for now and everyone could breathe a little easier. Feeling less stressed, and less likely to break down doing it, Jennie was sat behind her desk, trying to write a letter back to Lisa.

To my sweet darling angel Lisa,

Well two can play at that game my dear. If you want cheesy nicknames, then I'll give you cheesy nicknames, honey. I just wish you were here so I could call you them myself, sweetheart. I miss you more every single day – or every single moment that passes my buttercup.

To be honest, I'm terrified. This is the first time in my life that I've ever known real fear. It wasn't even two days, yet they were the worst two days of my life. You know I've never been an optimist, so of course my mind went straight to the worst thing I could imagine. I hope I never have to feel that way again. More importantly, I hope you never have to go through anything like that again, because without a doubt, it would have been a thousand times worse for you to live through what was happening. I can't help but wish I was next to you, so I could hold you in my arms and never let you go, my little pancake (is that a term of endearment? How do people say these things seriously?). Perhaps I should enlist in the army too, wouldn't that be a sight.

I'm going to visit your mom in a couple of weeks, with Rosé and Jisoo. I'm grateful for your family, and I know you can understand it when I say how wonderful they are. I'm grateful to you too, for giving me the chance to understand what it's like to have a real family with people who care about you. I don't know if I told you that before, but I really am thankful for them, and to you. More than ever. I don't think you understand how much you've changed me.

In fact, you've changed me so much that I've actually decided to visit my mom when I go to Metropolis for the launch. I know you'll understand how big of a deal this is for me – I haven't been home since I was eighteen. I've only just decided this, so I'm sure I'll tell you when we talk next, but I just want you to know that you have turned my world upside down and I don't know if I can go back to the way it was before. In fact, I know I can't and I don't want to. So please, never scare me like that again.

I know I tell you this every time, but please, just keep your head down. Make it back to me. Please just come home safely. I love you more than all the stars in the sky (that's cheesy too, right?).

Love always,

Jennie x

P.S. This is without a doubt the sappiest thing I've ever written in my life, and I know I said two could play at this game, but please don't make me do this more than once.