Chapter 46

Much to the girls' horror, the next day was thanksgiving, which meant that Yuri was coming to National City, which meant that they would undoubtedly get another lecture when Yuri actually saw the state they were in. Considering that Rosé's apartment was still a mess from her packing frenzy, the four of them were having dinner at Jennie's place. Jennie had asked her chef to pick up the ingredients for their dinner, after Rosé had firmly protested Jennie's suggestion that she get her chef to cook it for her. It was early when Rosé and Jisoo knocked on Jennie's door, and the three of them got started on preparing dinner.

At eleven, Rosé went to pick Yuri up from the station, leaving Jennie and Jisoo to finish cooking. They were just checking on the turkey when they heard the front door open and the sound of Rosé and Yuri talking floated towards them. Jennie and Jisoo straightened up as Yuri walked into the kitchen, sighing as she looked at them.

"Good god, look at you both!" Yuri tutted. "Come here."

She wrapped Jisoo in a hug, and then turned her attention to Jennie. Shaking her head, she pulled Jennie into a tight hug too, and Jennie winced as her ribs protested. "Oh, sorry honey. Broken ribs?" Yuri said pulling back. She lifted Jennie's face by the chin and tilted it side to side as she looked at the cuts and bruises covering Jennie's face. "Two days! I saw you two days ago and this is the state you got yourself into in that time! You must've been quite the handful when you were younger."

"Are you mad?" Jennie asked, wincing as Yuri lifted her hand wrapped in a cast, muttering under her breath.

"Of course I'm mad! At all three of you. I'm a mother, it's my job to be mad at you when you do stupid things, like start acting like a pack of wild animals in the middle of a bar," Yuri said, frowning at each of them in turn.

"Oh come on, mom. You taught me to never back down from a fight!" Rosé said with a laugh. "Your girls kicked ass. Well, two of us did, and the other one got her ass kicked." Jennie scowled at Rosé, crossing her arms as she huffed. She'd thought she'd done quite well considering she could barely stand by that point, and the fact that her only experience with fighting was getting into fights at school.

"I did not tell you to never back down from a fight. I told you to always stand up for yourself, and I didn't mean by using your fists," Yuri said, giving her a warning look. Rosé shrugged indifferently.

"Right. Where do you need me?" Yuri asked, washing her hands and quickly getting stuck into helping with the food.

-----

It was just after twelve, and the four of them were sat around the table, which was crowded with food. They had Jennie's laptop set up at one end of the table, and Lisa's face lit up the screen through the video call. They'd decided to eat dinner earlier so that Lisa could talk to them and almost feel like she was there. She'd rolled her eyes when the call connected and Jennie's bruised face had come on the screen, but besides that she hadn't brought up the fight again, and Jennie was hoping she'd let it go – she felt like a broken hand was punishment enough, considering she could barely use it for the next six weeks.

"Did you get chocolate pecan pie for dessert?" Lisa asked with longing on her face.

"Yeah, we did," Jennie said as she clumsily tried to cut up her food. After watching her struggle for a moment, Yuri reached over and started cutting up Jennie's food for her.

"Ugh I'm so jealous!" Lisa groaned. "You know that's my favourite."

"You've only mentioned it like five billion times," Rosé laughed.