Chapter 27

The first week passed by quickly, and Jennie spent most of her time moping around and throwing herself into her work. Rosé and Jisoo checked in almost every day, meeting Jennie for coffee or inviting her over for dinner.

The only time Jennie really felt like she could breathe was when she would talk to Lisa. Every day, bar one, they spoke, and Jennie would cling to those precious minutes with dear life. They were the most important parts of her day, and she treasured every moment, but eventually Lisa would have to go so she could sleep or fulfil one task or another.

It was Sunday, and Jennie was just walking up to Rosé's front door. She'd received a call earlier on in the day off Rosé, giving her both a warning and reminder that it was family dinner time today and she had better be there or Rosé would drag her there herself.

Jisoo answered the door when Jennie knocked, smiling widely at her as she greeted her. To Jennie's surprise, Mino was also there, still having a couple of weeks of dwell time left like Lisa was supposed to have.

"Hey, I brought whiskey," Jennie said as she walked in.

"I'll take that, thanks," Jisoo said, plucking the bottle out of Jennie's hand and walking to the kitchen. "Does everyone want a glass?"

"Sure," Jennie said, taking her coat off and hanging it by the door. "I brought cake too. Need any help finishing off dinner?" she directed her question at Rosé and Mino who were in the kitchen, taking things out of the oven and putting things in bowls. Jennie opened the fridge and put the cake inside.

"No, we're all good," Rosé said, giving her a smile. "Everything's almost ready."

Jennie nodded and accepted a glass of whisky off Jisoo, before joining her at the dinner table. Soon enough, the four of them were sat down around the table, spooning food onto their plates as they talked.

"Did you speak to Lisa today?" Rosé asked, cutting up her roast beef.

"Yeah, she called me earlier. After you I think," Jennie replied. "She seems a bit happier."

"The first week back is always the hardest," Mino explained. "It takes a few days to get back into a routine of being away from your family, but then it gets easier. Kind of like how it is for you, I guess." Jennie gave him a grim smile in agreement.

"Well one week down I guess," Jennie shrugged, smiling slightly.

"Oohh, maybe you should get a dog!" Jisoo suggested excitedly.

Jennie let out a laugh, raising her eyebrows as she looked at Jisoo. "A dog? Really?"

"Yeah! Who doesn't like dogs?" Jisoo said matter-of-factly, as if that was enough of an explanation in itself.

"I've never had a dog before," Jennie murmured, frowning slightly as she thought about the idea of getting one.

"Well if you decide to get one, I'm coming with you," Jisoo told her. "I can't let you pick a Chihuahua or some prissy shit like that."

"Okay, sure," Jennie laughed, rolling her eyes.

"Someone's just trying to use you to get what they want," Rosé said, raising her eyebrows at Jisoo in amusement.

"Apparently someone doesn't think getting a dog is a good idea," Jisoo sighed.

"We live in two separate apartments, Jisoo," Rosé reminded her. "How are we going to share a dog? Plus, neither of our places allows pets."