Chapter 32

"My girls!" Yuri called out as she threw the door open and stepped out onto the front porch. Jennie smiled as she paid the taxi driver and climbed out with Kuma. She accepted her bag off Jisoo and the two of them followed Rosé up the porch steps to greet Yuri.

"Hi sweetie," Yuri smiled at Jennie, wrapping her in a wrap and rubbing her back.

"Hello Yuri, how are you?" Jennie asked, returning the hug as she smiled.

"I'm good! I'm so happy you came!" Yuri said, stopping to pet Kuma before ushering the three girls inside, along with the dog.

After hanging up coat up and slipping her shoes off, Jennie followed Rosé upstairs with their bags, dropping hers off in Lisa's room. She lingered in the doorway for a moment, smiling sadly as she looked around the room. Jennie could almost imagine that Lisa was going to come walking into her room and collapse onto the bed.

Rosé walked past, on her way back downstairs, and stopped as she saw Jennie still stood in Lisa's room. "You okay?" she asked, and Jennie span around, giving her a smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Jennie told her, walking out into the hallway and shutting Lisa's door behind her. She followed Rosé downstairs in silence, thinking about Lisa. It was night time in Afghanistan, she'd be fast asleep by now. they'd spoken for a moment on the train, but the signal had been so terrible that they'd had to cut their conversation short, much to both of their disappointment.

The two of them walked into the living room, and Yuri looked up from her conversation with Jisoo to smile at them. "I just made some coffee," she told them, before returning to her conversation.

"I'll get it," Jennie murmured to Rosé, walking into the kitchen to pull out two cups and fill them. She returned a minute later and sat down next to Rosé, handing her one of the cups.

"So, do you know what you're doing yet?" Yuri asked Jisoo.

"Hm, well I don't know yet. Probably something small," Jisoo replied.

Jennie frowned slightly in confusion. "What's this for?"

"Jisoo's birthday," Rosé told her.

"Oh, you've never mentioned it to me. When is it?" Jennie said, blinking in surprise. Of course she'd have to do something nice for her - buy her a present and all of that. She'd never had friends to do that for before and she was wondering what she could get her.

"Two weeks Monday," Jisoo replied.

"Ah," Jennie said, narrowing her eyes as she looked at her. What did Jisoo like? Guns? Scotch? They weren't presents. Unless Jennie invented her own gun for her, but she didn't have enough time to do it on such short notice.

"What?" Jisoo asked, narrowing her own eyes in return.

Jennie shrugged carelessly, taking a sip of her coffee. "Nothing... just thinking about what I can get you," Jennie said.

Jisoo laughed quietly, "You don't have to get me anything."

"Of course I do, it's your birthday," Jennie insisted. "What do you want? Another leather jacket to add to your collection? A balisong knife? Some other instrument of torture?"

Rosé laughed, widening her eyes as she shook her head. "No way, she does not need more weapons."

"Fine," Jisoo huffed, "but one can never have too many leather jackets."