Chapter 70

Chaerin left after two weeks, deciding to stay a bit longer and help Jennie out with Lisa. Yuri visited the first weekend they were home too, and Jennie was relieved, because at least with her family around her, Lisa would show a little bit of interest to what was happening around her. She did make some effort to talk to Chaerin, but a lot of the time she just did exactly the same as she'd done at Yuri's house – laid on the sofa and stared off into space.

That's what they were currently doing, watching Tangled on the TV and drinking hot chocolate. It was starting to get dark outside, and Jennie was slightly nervous about her first night alone with Lisa – if things got bad, there would be no one here to help her. There was only so much talking she could do to calm her down. Lisa started singing along to one of the songs, and Jennie smiled, as she ran her fingers through her hair. Lisa looked at her and there was a spark of something in her eyes as she started serenading Jennie. They both laughed and then Jennie joined in and for a second everything was fine, and then there was a loud knock on the door and they both trailed off.

"One second," Jennie said with annoyance, and Lisa sat up so that Jennie could get up. Padding towards the door, Jennie frowned, wondering who it was. Unlocking the door, she was met by Jisoo, who brushed past Jennie and stomped down the hallway. Jennie poked her head out and looked around for Rosé, her eyebrows raising in surprise when she realized that she was alone.

"Hey, where's your other half?" Jennie asked, shutting the door and trailing after Jisoo.

"I don't know," Jisoo huffed. "Why don't you fucking try Metropolis or wherever else you two planned to run away to."

"What?" Jennie asked, knitting her eyebrows together, and Lisa shot her a questioning look over the top of the sofa as Jisoo sat down next to her and stole the blanket.

"Oh please," Jisoo snorted. "Don't tell me you didn't know that she requested for a transfer."

"Well I was dead for two weeks, so no, I didn't," Lisa shrugged, receiving an exasperated look off Jennie and Jisoo. She smiled slightly, settling down on the pillows. "What am I missing here?"

"Um, well I was... a mess, obviously, and well, I tried to run away but your sister stopped me. Then she, um, she said we could go, if I really wanted to, but I didn't think she actually did anything with that. I didn't know she applied for a transfer," Jennie sheepishly explained.

"You tried to run away?" Lisa asked, her eyebrows shooting up. "Why?"

"Because I thought you were dead!" Jennie explained, gesturing helplessly. "I didn't want to stay, I didn't want to run a business, I was just... I wanted to go somewhere that you couldn't follow me."

"And apparently your sister fucking listened, because she applied for a transfer without even fucking telling me! And now this is the first time I'm hearing of this and I'm apparently overreacting because she decided not to tell me and I got mad. Like did I misunderstand her when she proposed? Or does that not mean that we make decisions together?" Jisoo ranted. Jennie silently went to make them all hot chocolate as she listened to Jisoo rant. Lisa was also listening with interest, and Jennie was a bit wary about whether she should be worrying herself with her sister's relationship.

Carefully balancing the three mugs, Jennie carried them down to the coffee table and handed them off to Lisa and Jisoo, before sitting back down with her own mug. Lisa shifted so that she was propped up against Jennie, and she let out a quiet laugh as the steam from her hot drink fogged up her glasses. Joining in on her laughter, Jennie plucked them off Lisa's face and wiped them, before carefully perching them back on her nose.