Chapter 67

"Good morning," Jennie mumbled as soon as she felt Lisa stir. She didn't get a reply, so Jennie just lay there, cradling Lisa against her chest while her fingers trailed lazy circles on her back. Jennie could stay like this forever if she had to, as long as she had Lisa in her arms. It was almost ten minutes before Lisa stirred again, trying to push herself upright, but struggling with her broken bones. Jennie shifted beneath Lisa, wriggling out so that she could sit upright, carefully moving Lisa along with her.

"I'll go and see if your mom is awake so she can help me get you downstairs," Jennie told her, ducking her head to try and meet Lisa's gaze with no success. Closing her eyes and softly sighing, Jennie cupped Lisa's cheek and ran a thumb over her cheekbone before getting out of bed. Lisa didn't even look at her the entire time.

Jennie quickly walked downstairs, walking into the kitchen to find Yuri, Rosé and Jisoo making breakfast and drinking coffee. Yuri gave her a sympathetic smile from over near the stove as Jennie walked in, and Jisoo's eyebrows shot up as she smirked slightly. "What the hell happened to your face? Did you fall out of bed again?"

"Shut the fuck up, Jisoo," Jennie snapped, not in the mood for the other girl's usual teasing. Jisoo's eyes widened and her smirk vanished at Jennie's harsh tone, and she gave Rosé a confused look. Jennie had never taken her jokes seriously before.

"Hey!" Yuri warned Jennie, furrowing her brow slightly. "None of that, thank you."

Jennie let out a frustrated sigh, rubbing a hand over her weary face. "Sorry Yuri, and sorry to you too, Jisoo," Jennie mumbled. "I, uh, I need some help getting her downstairs."

Rosé stood up without a word and followed Jennie upstairs. Lisa was still sat in the exact same position that Jennie had left her in, just staring down at her lap. She didn't look up as the two girls walked into the room, and she didn't speak until Rosé started talking to her.

"Morning, how did you sleep?" Rosé asked, trying to be upbeat – she'd heard the screaming of course. Jennie winced at the question, and so did Lisa, who didn't reply. Rosé didn't notice, and kept babbling as she looped one of Lisa's arms around her shoulders as Jennie propped her up on the other side. "Okay, well mine was good. It's always nice coming stay with mom, isn't it? I was thinking you might like to sit on the back porch and watch the sea today. I know how much you like that. It's been a while since you've seen the sea."

They helped her downstairs and set her down in the wheelchair waiting for her. Rosé gave Jennie a reassuring smile, before walking back into the kitchen and leaving Jennie to wheel Lisa in. "Hey, are you warm enough?" Jennie quietly asked her, crouching down in front of Lisa as she took her fingers in her hands, mindful of the cast. They were cold, and Jennie gently rubbed some warmth into them as she waited for Lisa to reply.

"Lisa," Jennie murmured, frowning slightly.

"You should go home," Lisa hoarsely whispered, staring down at her hands caught between Jennie's.

"Don't you want to stay here anymore? I thought we'd stay at least a few weeks," Jennie said, her frown deepening.

"I do," Lisa agreed, "but you should leave."

Jennie let out a quiet sigh, feeling a lump rise in her throat. "Lisa, I'm not going to leave you."

"You sh-should go where I can't h-hurt you," Lisa said, her voice cracking as she spoke.

"Look at me," Jennie ordered her, bringing one hand up to lift Lisa's chin. She had her eyes closed, and Jennie brushed her fingers along the side of Lisa's face. "Look at me, Lisa."