part 8

NALA'S POV

We have been driving for an hour now where are we going. I have fallen asleep two times already. I look at him to see him deep in thought so I start a conversation.

"How do you know Mattia." I say making my voice sound disgusted at the end. I was very much disgusted. He looks at me then back to the road.

"Why do you know him." I freeze and then relax, I like Lorenzo but I don't feel like when he tells me the truth when asked about his personal life. So I lie, it's just for now.

"No, it's just I get bad vibes from him." I say he laughs and I shake my head before I look in the mirror to see this same SUV behind us, with the same man too. It was a black SUV with a man in it wear all black with black shades and a hat, making it hard to see his face. My phone rings and I see it is Jessica so I pick it up.

"Get Jess what's up." I say but then she starts rushing her words making them hard to hear.

"Calm down. What is going on?" She tells me that Mattia is after me and that he sent a guy to come and take me. I gasp and she tells me to be safe we hang up.

"Lorenzo we are being followed." He looks at me shocked and shakes his head.

"Where" he looks around and appts the car, "is it that black SUV."

I shake my head, yes and he steps on the gas going over the speed limit. I look to see the SUV on our tail so Lorenzo speeds up more and so does the car. Lorenzo starts taking crazy turns and running the lights until he gets to the dead-end and stops the car. The SUV stops behind us and Lorenzo pulls out his gun. I hold his hand to stop him from removing the gun further.

"What are you doing your going to get hurt." He says looking at me I can see anger filling his eyes and I shake my head.

"I know how to shoot just trust me." He shakes his head and I look him in the eyes. I see the man getting out of the SUV. I look at him with pleading eyes and he hands me the gun before pulls another one out.

"I have your back." He says with measuring eyes making me relaxed. I feel comfort in his eyes and get out with Lorenzo following behind me.

"Why are you following us." He doesn't say anything and just raises his gun but before he can I hood him in the legs making him scream and run up to him hitting him in the head with the base of my gun knocking him out. I turn to see Lorenzo with shock on his walk up to me before grabbing the guy and putting him in the trunk of the car and we get back in. I hand him in the gun and he seems still mad.

"What's the problem." I ask he looks at me and starts the car going around the SUV and turning onto a street.

"When I put him somewhere I want answers." He says his knuckle trying white. I sit quietly.

...

I am woken up to a fluffy bed. I open my eyes to see Lorenzo setting me down. I sit up. He just looks at me and sits in his chair.

"Where-" he shakes his finger interrupting me. I look at him seeing anger in his eyes. I know what he wants but I don't want to say it.

"The truth now or God so help me, " he threatens me. he looks at me and I look at him, I need to ensure that he will not tell anybody.

"If I tell you I need to know that you will never tell a soul until I can trust you." I say getting up and going to him.
He nods and I know it's either tell him or something worse so I weigh my options.

"Ok, I am the daughter of a mafia boss named Alessandro Romano he sold me when I was seventeen to Mattia who raped and abused me, so I learned how to defend myself and faked my death and came back to America and have been hiding ever since." He looks at me and he seems called relaxed even and that was rare it only happened when he, you know released his stress.