Prologue

Luca was exhausted, if there ever was a dispute that got out of hand, it was his duty to run interference and make sure that no bloodshed was spilled.

Negotiations with the two parties, had been exhaustive, more than thirty-six hours of back and forth arguing, until they finally came to an amicable agreement.

There had been celebratory drinks afterwards, lasting late into the night, hence the reason he was arriving at his city penthouse, past midnight, instead of going back to his countryside home.

Nodding his head at the doorman and greeting the guard at the reception desk, he walked tiredly to his private elevator, getting in and leaning back against the wall, watching as the numbers passed by in a blur.

Reaching his floor, he made his way to his place, opening his front door, his mind and body tired, barely able to keep his eyes open or walk a straight line, the mixture of alcohol and tiredness, making him slightly unstable on his feet.

Making his way slowly to his room, only wanting to crash down and sleep for an eternity.

Opening the door, entering, not bothering to switch on the light, he tiredly removed his clothing, piece by piece dropping unto the ground, leaving a trail behind him.

Reaching his bed, he flipped back the covers and lay down, sighing in relief, moving into a comfortable position and turning on his side.

When his body came into contact with a soft form, too tired to open his eyes, his hands roamed blindly, his brain registering the fact that a woman lay in his bed, facing him.

Too tired to comprehend or question the reason for a woman being in his bed and since it has been a long time since he had had sex, he decided to take the opportunity and enjoy a bit of sexual relief, perhaps that would help him get some much-needed rest afterwards.

After all, the woman was in his bed and who was he to deny her or himself the pleasure.

Moving his body closer and crashing his lips against hers...