Chapter 15

Poking him on his chest, to gain his attention, his facial features softening as he stared at her, "Would you mind telling me, what is going on?" She asked him, once his full attention was on her.

Luca huffed in frustration, staring at her, "Since you are aware of werewolves, have you ever heard of mates?" He queried, watching as she nodded in affirmation, "Well, it seems that you are my mate..." He stated bluntly, waiting for the inevitable.

"It seems or I am your mate...?" She questioned, quirking her eyebrow, crossing her arms, as she stared back.

"You are..." He confirmed, without a doubt in his tone.

"Okay...so what is the problem?" She asked, noticing the hint of sadness in his eyes, before looking around at everyone, her eyes landing on her father, also seeing sadness in the depth of his eyes, worry gnawing in the pit of her stomach.

"Well, you see, since you are human and pregnant..." Dan, her father began.

"I'm pregnant...!" She shrieked out, panic and shock in her voice.

Everyone winced at the high-pitched sound, their werewolf hearing sensitive to loud noises.

Luca stroked his hand along Jade's back, trying to calm her down, glaring at her father for causing her stress.

"Yes dear." Carina calmly stated, "And you need to calm down, it is not good for the three little ones inside you."

"Three...!" Jade shrieked again, her face paling, unaware of the intense glare that Luca was giving his family and friends.

"Way to go everyone, I should have just put her in front of a firing squad." Luca growled out angrily, still glaring with a fierce frown on his face, "Instead of being helpful, you are making it worse, why don't you just tell her, that if she doesn't accept the change into being a werewolf, she is going to die..." He shouted out, fury at everyone's stupidity.

"Way to go bro, I think you nailed the coffin shut." Marcus stated out sarcastically, rolling his eyes.

Luca gulped, his anger dying down, when he noticed the paleness on his mate's face, concerned he scooped her up and rushed her to his room, shouting out orders and threats.

Laying her gently on his bed, brushing the stray hairs from her face, placing a kiss on her lips, straightening up to his full height. But, as he began to step aside, Jade gripped his arm, "Is it true...?" She quietly asked, staring at him with fear in her eyes.

Sitting beside her, placing her small hands in his large ones, he gazed at her lovingly, "Yes..." He told her truthfully, "If I don't mark you and do the transformation, your body won't be able to handle the pregnancy."

Closing her eyes briefly, "Then that is what we should do..." She whispered out, gazing back at him, with tears in her eyes.

"I will only do it, if you are truly ready to accept our mate bond..." He stated, his heart hurting at the sadness in her eyes.

Jade nodded her head, "I accept our bond..." She stated firmly, gazing at him with intense blue eyes.

"So be it, we will do it tomorrow..." He spoke with intent, "You have already received a major shock today, I think that the doc should check you over and that you get some rest."

About to get up again, when her hand kept a firm grip on his arm, "You won't leave me?" She asked, pleading with her eyes.

Luca smiled softly,placing a kiss on her temple, "I will always be here with you..." He promised her,nodding at the doctor to do his thing, while he stayed by her side.