Chapter 23

For almost a month, Luca had been able to keep his family at bay and delay the ceremony that would introduce his mate to the pack.

But, as his mother pointed out, the pack had a right to know that their Alpha had found his mate and that soon there would be little bundles of joy.

Reminding him, how they had stood by his side, during his good and bad moments, always respecting him as their Alpha, so it was only fitting that he showed them the same respect.

So with the help of the men in the household, they compiled a security team for his mate, much to Jade's irritation, but once Luca explained his concerns, she had grudgingly accepted his reasoning.

There would be a team of four trusted members keeping her safe, whenever she needed to leave the house. Not that Luca would ever keep her out of his sight, determined to be by her side at all times, especially out in public.

One of the members entrusted in keeping his mate safe, was his trusted friend and Lead warrior, Logan, who knew all about Jade and it was with his help, they were able to recruit the best guards for his mate.

Invitations had been sent out, inviting all pack members to a celebration, as well to surrounding packs. The invite had not stated the reason for the large elaborate party, only that they were cordially invited to attend a special ceremony hosted by Alpha Steele.

Rumors amongst the pack members and surrounding packs began, everyone wondering if the Alpha was finally choosing a mate, wondering who the lucky woman was...

The secrecy behind the ceremony, grew to an unusual extent, the single women amongst the packs, bickered that they knew who the next Luna of Steele pack would be, each convinced that it was one of them.

After all...Luca was one of the most sought after Alpha male in the country, he was strong and powerful. As well as handsome, in a dark brooding way, with his dark black hair and steel colored eyes. He was tall, towering over most men and muscular. And let's not forget...rich as sin, a billionaire in his own right.

Everything that any woman, would want in a man.

Everyone had been surprised in the past, when his first mate betrayed him, wondering why she would do such a crazy thing, anyone with eyes in their head, could see he was a great catch.

Jade would laugh, as Marcus relayed the gossip going around, joining in with him and teasing Luca relentlessly.

Her punishment for making fun of him, always ended in a delicious and most satisfying way, as her mate showed her how strong and powerful he really was.

As for Marcus, his punishment for teasing his Alpha, was a show of dominance, where Luca would pin him down and force him to submit.