Chapter 21

For hours, Luca remained vigilant by his mate side, watching her form for any distress, soothing her in her worst moments.

She had lapsed into unconsciousness for a couple of hours now, his stress levels were at a all time high, his wolf was pacing like mad in his head, adding more stress and tension to his already frayed nerves.

With the marking he could feel and sense her pain, he knew this was part of the process, he had been warned, placing his hand on her belly, he could sense and hear the steady heartbeats of their pups, sighing in relief that they were hanging in with the change.

Nobody dared come near him in these moments, his wolf would kill first without question, protecting his mate and pups was his main priority and as a Alpha, his dominance and strength had doubled, not only with the marking, but with the need to protect what was his.

And as he lay on his side, watching his mate, his eyes roamed over the small details of her changing body. Her pregnancy bump was growing day by day, her breasts were swelling in preparation to feed their hungry pups, her body was filling out in luscious curves and there was a glow to her skin.

And like an addiction, unable to stop himself, he moved his hand lightly over her body, savoring the warm silky feel of her skin, a constant need in him to be in contact with her.

For a moment, he wondered why his feelings were much stronger with Jade, than they had been with his first mate. It was not the first time that the thought had crossed his mind, since the moment, he realized she was his second chance mate.

With Jade, the sensations and feelings were ten times more, than he had with his first mate. If he had to compare both relationships, he would say that his first mate was like a mild puppy love and with Jade, it was an all consuming love.

If both women had to stand before him right now, he would choose Jade without a doubt, making him wonder if she was actually his first mate, rather than his second...

"What has you frowning so darkly..." A sweet voice gruffly whispered out.

Smiling with relief and happiness, cupping her face gently, gazing at her beautiful blue eyes staring up at him, "That I would die if I lost you..." He murmured out, his voice thick with unshed emotions, "You are my life-source, my reason for being alive..."

"Then it's good I am still here. After all what would the world do without your handsome face..." She teased him, smiling back at him.

"True..." He retortedback, giving her a gentle, but passionate kiss.