Chapter 24

The day of the ceremony arrived, everyone was excited about the upcoming event, that would happen later that evening.

Carina had chosen a night, that the new moon would be high up in the sky, bringing with it the hope and blessing the Moon Goddess, had bestowed upon them.

For Luca, it was a nerve racking moment, especially since he was kicked out of his own room. His mother had argued, that they needed to prepare Jade for the upcoming ceremony. And even though he growled and ranted that he could still stay in the room, he was still shoved out, by his own annoying mother, much to everyone's never-ending amusement.

So, as the hour approached, Luca was downstairs pacing up and down, his body trembling with nerves, it had been four freaking hours, since he had seen Jade. Even though he could still mind-link with her, it didn't help calm his nerves, he needed to be able to see and touch her.

"Son, you are going to wear a hole into that ground, if you don't stop your pacing." Theo, his father spoke out amusingly.

Luca glared at his father, "Four freaking hours...!" He growled out, "Your wife has kept me away from my mate...for four fucking hours!"

"And if you continue with that attitude, I'll ask her to keep your mate for another few more." His father warned him, showing as much dominance as Luca, crossing his arms and quirking his eyebrow.

"Sorry..." Luca mumbled, flushing slightly at the reprimand, especially in front of his friends and family.

Narrowing his eyes, as he noticed them all trying to hide their laughter at his expense.

"The wait is finally over..." Carina spoke out, standing at the top of the stairs, a smile on her face, as she moved to the side and Jade stood before them, dressed in a beautiful light blue strapless gown, the material flowing down her body in silky waves, her pregnancy barely visible.

Luca gulped at the vision before him, unable to wait any longer, he sprinted up the stairs, standing before his mate, "You are the most beautiful angel I have ever seen..." He whispered out huskily, gazing at her with such intense love in his eyes.

Smiling, when he noticed the becoming blush appear on her face, moving closer, he cupped her face and placed a gentle kiss on her lips, inhaling her intoxicating scent, to calm his nerves and bring peace to his hammering heart.

"And you look just as handsome as ever." She huskily replied against his lips.

"Okay...let's get this show on the road people." Marcus spoke out, rudely interrupting the pair, "If we don't get moving soon, Luca will find a reason to stay at home and I am really looking forward to having myself a piece of cake, that has my name on it. So...move your butts people, the party isn't going to wait for me!"

Luca growled lowly out in frustration, while everyone laughed at Marcus.

With a internal groan, Luca finally relented, taking Jade's hand and following the rest of his friends and family out towards the awaiting vehicles, making sure to stay alert. Watching as the protection detail followed suit, as everyone piled into their designated vehicle.

Luca made sure to keep his mate within his protective embrace, as the car drove towards the area, where the party is being held.

His mother had chosen a large open clearing within the pack that could hold a large party.

Making sure that the area was decorated, that seating would be more than enough and that the catering company could handle the large quantity of invited guests.

As for security, Marcus and Logan, made sure to double up on security measures, making sure that the party would go on without a hitch.

While the rest of the family and friends, made their way amongst the guests. Luca and Jade were taken to the back of the makeshift stage, hidden from everyone's view, until the moment came for him to step on the stage and present her to them.

Making sure that all the bodyguards were in place.

Luca turned to a nervous Jade, taking her into his arms, placing light kisses on her face, "You can do this, they will love you, as much as I do." He told her, smiling when she nodded at him.

Looking towards the stage, Luca saw his Dad stand before the crowd, greeting them and thanking them for coming. And with a sideways glance from his father, Luca knew it was time to present his mate.

Giving Jade another assuring kiss and a squeeze of the hand, he wrapped his arm around her waist and made his way towards the stage.

"And now, the reason for this gathering." Theo spoke out loudly, gaining everyone's avid attention, "I present to you, Alpha Luca and his mate, the future Luna of Steele pack, Jade."

Some people cheered and clapped, while others stood in shock, as the couple stepped onto the stage.