Chapter 17

Luca warily turned around in his chair, facing the entrance to the kitchen, flushing slightly at the glare Dan was giving him.

"I'm sorry..." Was the only thing he could say under the circumstances.

Dan shook his head, making his way further into the kitchen, "I guess it was too much to hope that she would find a normal human guy and go on her merry way." He sighed out, "But, then I guess she was always unique and trouble tended to gravitate towards her."

"Hey...!" Luca growled, feeling offended, "I am not a bad person, I am actually one of the good guys here."

"Correct me if I am wrong and please tell me that whatever I heard through the grape vine is not true." Dan spoke, giving Marcus a look, "But didn't you fuck my girl, without being aware of who she was and then tried to figure out, which female you had actually impregnated."

Luca was speechless, heat rising up his neck, embarrassed at being so crudely caught in the act, glaring at his friend for having a big mouth.

"What...?" Marcus asked, "I only told your Dad the full details."

Luca sighed, this was getting him nowhere and he wanted to get back to Jade as soon as possible, "I am sorry Dan, it was never my intention to disrespect Jade or you like that. My only excuse was that I was a complete blind fool." He stated humbly, staring at his future-in-law with sincerity.

Dan shook his head, "You better treat her well or will have your hide in a second." He warned Luca, "You are damn lucky, that I have known you since you were a pup and I have seen what life has thrown at you. Otherwise, this wouldn't be happening on my watch...!"

Luca nodded in agreement, Dan was one of the few that had seen him at his lowest and had helped bring him back from the brink of despair.

"Thank you...and again I am sorry." Luca stated sincerely.

Dan waved him off, "I suggest you get a move on, from what I have heard..." His face contorting in disgust, "That she has accepted the bond."

"You go boy...!" Marcus piped in, slapping Luca on the back, earning a glare from the other two in the room, flushing at the realization that his words were in bad taste, considering the company he was in, bowing his head in submission, "Sorry..." He mumbled out.

As the men fell into a comfortable silence, Luca finished his meal in haste, gulping down the last bit of water to push down the food, satisfied he stood up, giving Marcus his orders, reminding him of the sensitivity of his mate's existence.

At that, he bid his friends goodbye and made his way upstairs, rushing into the room, sighing when he saw that she still slept.

"You are not done yet." His mother spoke quietly out, "Go get cleaned up first..."

Rather than argue and waste more time, Luca nodded, gathering his change of clothes and making his way to his bathroom, closing the door firmly behind him and proceeding to do as ordered.

Carina looked up as her son emerged from his bathroom, smiling she stood up and placed a hand on his chest, "Now you are presentable and ready." She teased him, earning a frustrating growl from him, "And I have done the liberty of getting your mate comfortable."

"Let the poor boy go, Rina..." Her mate lovingly chided her, taking her hand and leading her out of their son's room, giving his boy a wink before closing the door shut behind them.

Luca groaned in embarrassment.

Finally!!! He thought to himself, walking across the room to lock the door, making sure that they wouldn't be interrupted.

Making his way to the bed, removing his sweatpants and briefs. Scooping his mate into his arms, sighing tiredly and contently that she was there, falling eventually into a deep sleep with her held in his protective embrace.