Chapter 32

Simone blinked, gazing at Luca, unaware of the simmering rage coursing through his body, "A potion that once administered, has the same effect as a mate bond, making you think you have found your mate." She replied, shrugging her shoulders.

Her psycho mind not connecting the dots and blabbering the truth out. "I'm sure Jade found out about it and used it to her advantage, why else would you ignore her for two years and then all of sudden you recognize her as your mate." Snapping her fingers, trying to make her point.

"Hmmm...and how would you know about this potion." He asked, his tone still calm, his hand cupping her cheek.

She smiled coyly, "I once used it on Olivia." She replied, savoring the feel of Luca's hand on her skin.

Rubbing his thumb over her lips, "And why did you want me to think that Olivia was my mate?" He asked, his gaze intent.

"Mother said that you needed to fall hard, before you even looked at me, I couldn't wait forever, so I came up with the plan to make you think that you had found your mate, then when she betrayed you...you would seek comfort in my arms." She blabbered, her mind filled with lust, as Luca continued to stroke her lips.

Luca leaned his head forward, his lips near her ear, "So you did all of this, to be my mate...?" He quietly questioned, his breath hot against her ear.

Simone moaned at the nearness of Luca, heat pooling in her core, "Yes...I knew from the first moment that I saw you, that we were destined to be mates..."

His hand had moved slowly down to her neck, "So why didn't you just come forward...instead of going through all of that." He asked.

"Because, mother said that a man was blind when it came to his true love, that he needed to suffer in life first. Before he realized that what he needed, was right under his nose all along..." She explained huskily out, shivering at the feel of his lips against her ear.

"So first Olivia and then Jade..." He questioned lowly, his fingers skimming her neck.

"Olivia was a puppet, I used the potion on her and then let it wear off of her, so that when her true mate appeared, she would feel the connection and betray you." Simone explained.

Biting her lip, moaning as his fingers moved along her neck in light strokes, "As for Jade, she must have found out about the potion and used it to her advantage...it's the only explanation, that's why I had to get rid of her, she was ruining our relationship." She carried on, closing her eyes, anticipation in her tone.

Having heard enough, disgust at being so near to this crazy lunatic woman, Luca's grip on her neck tightened, "Know this...you will never be my mate!" He growled against her ear, leaning his head back, his face fierce.

Simone's eyes opened wide, finally registering the hatred and anger on his face, "But..." She stuttered out, fear and uncertainty in her voice.

"No buts, somewhere along the line you got a screw loose, I would never want you as a mate...never in this lifetime! You disgust me, ever since the first moment that I met you..." He elaborated, his tone cold and harsh.

Simone lashed out, her hands lifting to hit Luca, "You fucking can't do this to us, you are mine...!" She screeched out maniacally, "You have to come out of this daze...you are fucking mine! Just fucking kill that bitch, then the potion will wear off and then you will see that I am telling you the truth, that we are true mates...!"

"No...!" He roared out, "Jade is my one and only mate, my true mate...!"

His grip tightening, watching as she thrashed about, fighting to breathe, her breath coming out in gasps and pants.

She struggled and fought, trying to get out of his grip, but he still held on.

Nobody, he thought to himself, will ever threaten his true mate or live another day...