Chapter 13

The drive to his pack was the longest he had ever endured, with each mile they passed, his body tensed with fear, wondering what kind of reception they were going to receive and most important, how would Jade react to the news that he was an Alpha werewolf and that she was his mate or that she was pregnant.

Sitting in the back of the chauffeured driven vehicle, Luca made sure to keep Jade within his lap, his arms surrounding her protectively, his face buried in the crook of her neck, inhaling her sweet scent.

His only focus was on her, barely paying attention to the passing scenery, his mind and body memorizing every little features of her form.

Much to Jade's amusement, her blue eyes twinkling with mirth, as she willingly tolerated Luca's insistence that she remained seated in his lap, laughing with merriment, whenever his breath tickled her sensitive flesh.

For Luca, things were different, he held the most important thing in his life in his arms, wishing that they could have stayed safely cocooned in his apartment, locking the door behind them and live happily ever after.

Nevertheless, that was not reality and as they approached his home within the pack borders, he knew the sense of peace was on a thin thread.

Sighing in resignation, he gazed at the people standing outside his house, ready to welcome them home.

Most of the people standing there, Jade had met over the course of her time working with him. His parents, sister, Marcus and his mate, were one of the few she had already met in the past.

As for the rest, he wasn't sure who amongst them, she had already met, but he knew that those who stood there, were trusted to keep her safe.

Once the vehicle stopped, he placed a gentle kiss on her lips, savoring the moment, before placing her on the seat next to him, climbing out of the vehicle first, scanning the area, before reaching in and extending his hand out towards her to take, helping her out of the car.

Jade blushed, she had seen the people outside, she knew some of them well enough, during her period of working for Luca, but this time, circumstances were different, she was meeting them not as Luca's PA, but as a girlfriend.

Holding Luca's hand tightly, they approached the house, Jade scanned the facial features discreetly of the people standing there before them, nervous at their reaction.

When a face sherecognized stood in the back, her smile widening, she let go of Luca's hand andrunning into the welcoming arms of the one person, she loved most in the world,barely noticing the growl of disapproval or surprised gasps behind her, as shewas enveloped in a warm comforting embrace.