~It was just a kiss~

Butch was standing in the hallway of the lockers. Impatiently waiting for his brothers to finish packing their belongings.

"Could you two be any slower?!" Butch yelled. His brothers glared at him as they closed their locker doors.

"Chill out little bro-" Brick was caught of by a scoff.

"‘Chill out?!’ How can I chill out?! They already announced the roles for the play and I can't be the last to find out!!" Butch ranted and punched one locker door. The few students flinching from the sound. His brothers unamused.

"Fine, but if Bubbles scolds me for being 3 seconds late to greet each other, it's your fault." Boomer growled. Butch smiled at his brothers. He grabbed both of their wrists and dragged them across the hall. Eager to know the results he's waiting for.

"Ow! Watch the hair man!!" Brick yelled as he tried to hold his hair in place. Whilst Boomer is squirming to get out of the strong grip.

Butch ignored his brother's rants and continued to speed walk along the hallway. Passing and bumping a few students out of the way.

The three brothers arrived at two brown, double sided doors. A white paper pasted on one side. Butch let go of his brothers to take the paper. He searched everywhere for his name on the list. Unil a smile creeped up on his face.

_____________________________

Romeo and Juliet play roles:

Mitch Johnson (Object 1)
Julie Donavan (Object 2)
Michael Forest (Object 3)
Butch Rogers (Romeo)
Abigail Villand (Narrator)
____________________________

Butch was confused as he didn't see the Juliet signed role on the list. A woman caught his eyes as his drama teacher walked passed him. He ran towards her, not a care in the world if everyone was looking at him.

"Mrs. Johnson!" Butch called out. The middle aged brunette woman turned around. She saw her favorite student infront of her, out of breath.

"Butch? What brings you so out of breath?" The woman asked as she observed the ravenette when he stood up.

"I just saw the list of the roles-"

"Ah yes! Congratulations on getting the first role my dear." She smiled. Butch gave a quick smile but dialed it down to his normal expression.

"Yeah thanks. Anyway, do you happen to know who is playing as Juliet?" He asked. The teacher looked confused for a second. She grabbed the paper out of Butch's hand to examine it. She finally understood and adjusted her glasses.

"They must have been in a hurry to send out the paperwork and forgot to add Buttercup to the list."

Butch's heart stopped for a minute. His ears blocked out the sounds from outside. Hearing the tomboy's name was stuck in his mind.

Buttercup Colton.

"Are you alright Butch?" The teacher asked as she shook him slightly. Butch snapped out of his thoughts and quickly nodded. He thanked his teacher and jogged out of her sight. Still dazed from the previous scene.

He thought of the girl once again. Her raven hair waving with the blowing wind. Her striking green eyes full of energy. Her pupils dilating every time she smiles with her perfect white teeth.

Until a high pitched voice broke his thoughts.

"HOW DARE YOU BOOMER ROGERS!! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE RIGHT ON TIME BUT YOU SHOW UP THREE SECONDS LATER!!! THAT'S IT!! I'M KEEPING OUR HOUSE PLANT!!"