💚I'll protect you... (part 2)💚

"Hey Buttercup!" A blonde cheered with joy as he saw one of his friends at the door.

The ravenette smiled at the greet.

"Hey Boomer." She greeted back, getting a big hug.

"What are you doing here?" He muffled into her shoulder.

"I came to visit an old friend. He's here right?" She asked as Boomer let go of the hug.

"Yup, he's here. Let me take your bag in." Boomer insisted as he grabbed the black suitcase.

Buttercup entered the house. She was greeted by a smile and a slight frown.

"Glad to see you again Brick. How's college?" Buttercup asked as she hugged the red male.

"I'm tired and depressed, thanks for asking." He replied, receiving a chuckle as a response.

"So, you're my son's old friend?" Buttercup heard a voice.

She let go of the hug to turn around. A brunette woman glancing her way with a glare, yet a smirk.

"Oh, yeah. I'm Buttercup, it's cool to meet you." Buttercup greeted as she smiled.

"Bertha. Pleasure." Is all she said. Buttercup was confused but didn't question.

"Hey, glad you could make it!" Butch shouted from the stairs.

"Of course, why wouldn't I visit?" Buttercup asked as she opened her arms for a hug. Butch accepted it as he wrapped his arms around the girl.

"You invited her over? Without my permission?" Bertha asked as she clenched her fist.

"Well, you looked busy so I didn't want to bother." Butch replied as he let go of the hug.

"That's no excuse. Since you didn't ask me, your friend is going to have to leave."

Butch stood in sadness. He glanced at Buttercup, giving her an apology with his facial expression.

Buttercup frowned. She glanced at the older woman, trying not to glare. Buttercup looked back at Butch with a smile.

"I'm gonna take my bag upstairs. Where's your room?" She asked as she grabbed her bag from Boomer.

Butch smiled, relieved she isn't leaving.

"It's the one with the posters glued on."

Buttercup smiled. She held onto her bag as she jogged up the stairs.

"Did you not hear what I just said?" Bertha asked, her fists and her jaws clenched together.

"I heard what you said. I just don't care what you said." Butch simply stated. He turned his head along with his body as he made his way upstairs.

His brothers staring with shock.

______________________

"Sorry about her. She usually acts like that." Butch explained as he locked his door.

Buttercup chuckled as she folded her clothes.

"It's alright. I guess.." She mumbled the last part.

"So, you're just staying for the night?" Butch asked as he started helping Buttercup fold her clothes.

"Yeah." She replied. Butch stood in silence. Buttercup noticed as her eyebrows scrunched.