CH-1

The Hangout

Sunny POV-

"So what should I wear?" Miya asked me as she was holding a blue denim jacket in one hand, and a black leather jacket in the other. I and Miya are really good friends. Well, more like soulmates. Today both of us decided to skip school and go to the mall and have some fun.

"Sunny! Hurry up and tell me", she yells at me while holding her clothes. "Hmm... I think the black leather jacket will be cool, it makes you look badass ".

She then wears her black leather jacket over her baby pink crop top, and ripped jeans, with black boots. She has such a good sense of fashion, she doesn't really have to ask me but we always tell each other what to wear most of the time.

" You wanted me to wear the black leather jacket because it would match with your clothes right?" She says with a giggle and I don't even have to respond because she already knows.

 I was wearing a light pink leather jacket over a black shirt and plain jeans, with boots similar to hers. I really love it when we wear matching outfits.

After we are done getting ready we both look at the mirror and take a picture before we leave. Miya locks the door to her house and we head down to the cab she just booked.

Normally her parents or mine would drop us off, but they don't know that we are going out, they don't even know that we had school today.

"Ahh, finally we are hanging out after so long, today is Saturday but still we don't have a holiday, why!?"

I whine as Miya nods in agreement and says "yeah, I know right. Our school sucks!. We were busy for literally 4 months because we had exams, projects, and all those stuff. And now they want us to study more and stay for extra classes before summer starts. Not fair."

"Yeah, at least our summer holidays start soon, thank God!" I say before we both head into the mall.

We told our parents that we have a holiday today and that I wanted to hang out with Miya, it was not so hard convincing our parents. In the mall, we eat and have a few drinks while talking about all the crazy things that happened these days.

We were walking around and were talking about some dumb things before laughing our asses off. We received some weird glares from strangers but we laughed it off too.

We played a few games, brought a few things, but we didn't buy anything thing big because our parents would ask where we got it from.

We talked and enjoyed ourselves a lot like we always do when we are together.

We were eating an ice cream while standing in the elevator, it was a glass elevator so we could see the rest of the mall.

I saw someone and realized that the person was our psychology teacher. I point him out to Miya as she says " Wasn't he supposed to be at school now?" I reply saying " Yeah, and look he's at the mall with someone, I guess it's his friend". Miya and I get out of the elevator and she says "the other person doesn't look like a friend at all and it's weird that we saw him at this place, at this time."

Mr.Renu, Our economics teacher started working in our school recently and he seemed to be a pretty cool teacher, he even let us play in the class sometimes. He once told us that he doesn't have a family and that he was an orphan. He said he never felt alone because he had good friends and loved spending time with children.

What's weird is he also told us that he doesn't like public places or places which have a lot of rush. He didn't come to the Annual day or the sports day, not even to the parent-teacher meet. So what is he doing here?

Miya looks at her phone and says that we have to leave before her parents reach home. We thought that it would be better that we leave through the parking lot to avoid any trouble of meeting Mr. Renu.

We were in the parking lot, it seemed empty until we started hearing some footsteps. I quickly drag Miya and hide behind a few cars because we might run into someone familiar, but it was mostly because I had a bad feeling. I just knew that something was wrong and I was right.

Through some gaps, we saw Mr.Renu followed by the person who he was with earlier and some other people we don't know. They all seemed to be casual but I knew for sure that something was wrong.

Me and Miya held each other's hands tightly as we were confused and scared. Then a guy quickly held Mr. Renu's mouth shut while the other guys held him from escaping. Then the tall guy who was talking to Mr. Renu quickly pulls out a knife and stabs him, killing him instantly.

I was about to scream when Miya put her hand on my mouth and hugged me. Calming me down. Then a car came and they put his body in the trunk. The tall guy spilled some kind of drink on the floor to cover up the blood.

Soon all the men got into the car and left.

The parking lot was quiet again. I and Miya were still hiding trying to understand what happened. It all happened so fast. Then Me and Miya quickly get up and get out of the parking lot as fast as we can. She quickly called a cab and we went back to her house. After that happened we didn't say a word, not even to each other.

We quietly sit on the bed in her room...still in shock. I look up to Miya and our eyes meet, then both of us tear up as we hug each other and start crying. I don't even know why we are crying.

What the fuck just happened? Did we both witness a murder? What are we going to do now?

I have so many questions but I know one thing for sure, Mr.Renu is dead. And this is how it all started.