CH-22

Past Shadows

It was midnight. Alrich was in his deep thought sitting near the window.The butler was silently sitting on the sofa reading a book.

"Do you think Miya will like me?" Alrich asked him looking at the bright moon.

"I am afraid I don't know about it Young master," he says coldly turning the page.

Alrich laughed."Yea. I know and now will you stop calling me 'Young master'.We are at the end of everything."He spoke in a sad tone.

The butler didn't respond to him. He has been requesting the same for a long time but the butler's response is the same that he will call him until they are 'free' and its also because he is loyal to his job.

"You seem sad Young." he diverted the topic.

Alrich just hummed in response."I am betraying my big brother. What will be more sorrowful than that? He was the only one who took care of me and protected me from that monster. How must he feel about me, knowing that his brother did it to him." he chuckled sadly.

His eyes suddenly sparkled "You know when I was 5 years old he showed me how to fight, he even beat up many Goons in front of me,h-he was just 15 years old.I-Isn't that great. I-I always wanted to be as strong as him.B-But he just changed and now i-i am s-scared of him." he looked down while controlling his tears.

The butler looked at his master with concerned eyes. There was a minute silent then Alrich orders"Can you give me space for some time?"The butler nods and leaves standing near the door, deep inside he worried about Alrich.

As the door closes the tears start streaming out of his eyes as he took out his phone which had a wallpaper of him and Weston. They were smiling happily having arms around each other. He smiled sadly as he slid near the window sitting down and closing his eyes.

"Am I doing right? Or should sto.....NO! no, no, I can't do that or else my brother will not be normal again. He-He needs treatment, he will be my loving strong brother again who will not kill people for......for his pleasure." he clenches his teeth.

(Alrich POV-I was 6 years old watching my brother getting shock treatment, this was my first time seeing it. They started it and my brother roared in pain and cried."QUIT CRYING. You need to endure the pain. Is that how you will survive in mafia".Mr.Hogthrone a.k.a monster and our father shouted at Weston making Alrich flinch.

I have never loved my father. I hate him so much that I was happy when I knew about his execution.

He always went through various treatments but whenever he was with me, he never showed a single sign of pain just cheerfulness. I admired him so much and after 8 years my treatments by my father.

Every day, torture, training, fighting, working......but I was.....happy to have them cause my brother also had it and 'that' made him strong so why not me.

Siblings should be treated equally. My father got executed when I was 14.

I got used to everything, but this one-day .I-I saw something horrible. I saw my brother torturing people to death and laughing maniacally. He was never like this, he was kind he didn't want to hurt anyone until father has said. I was speechless.

I thought for the first time it was an order from father but he did every day but whenever he was with me he was normal.

Eventually, I felt disgusted being there I couldn't stop my brother. He was way stronger than me. I decided to move to cities for studying and even staying away from these things. It was hard to convince my brother but he accepted and assigned me, my first Butler, Kuvirium.)

Alrich recalled and eventually fell asleep near the window.

After at least 10 minutes the butler picked up the Young figure placing it on the bed, closing the window, and getting back to reading.

Miya sat on the sofa just staring into space whereas Sunny was in her deep sleep.

Miya frustrated"God, I am so freaking bored, I slept the whole day how will I sleep now." she sighed and observed the surroundings and then looked at the brightness reflected on window due to the moon.

She opened the window"How elegant and beautiful can you be at the same time?".She admired it and then looked at stars twinkling."Mom? Is that you?"She always talked to stars wondering if one of them were her late grandmother who took care of her for 11 years when her parents left her for work out of the city and hence she calls her grandmother-mom.

She smiled sadly."Been a while mom. How have you been? You know I miss you right?"

It was so silent, dark, blowing trees sound. She felt a chill through her whole body."Tch.How silent and beautiful this place is right now."There was a moment of breezy massage and then she felt a pair of eyes staring at her.

She sighed and shut down the window."Again one of my imaginations. Of course, No one is there" she reassured herself.

She then glanced at the door.

"The door isn't locked right?So...why not try to...explore?"Miya smiled and went to Sunny.

"Umm Listen, Sunny I wanted to reveal that someone likes you. Isn't that good?" she acted up. If Sunny hears about 'crush' she becomes a blushing mess but...

No Response.

"All right.Just one glance." she grabbed the doorknob and heard a *clink*."Huh?" she looked back."What was that?" her eyes wandered. *clink*.

"The bathroom" she furrowed and went inside.*clink*she looked towards the window, she gulped and opened the window and looked out.

Nothing.

*clink*she shivered."It's from the bedroom now."

She went outside and looked towards window.*clink*a pebble hit the window in front of her.

Her eyes widen as she took a step back.

It stopped.

"What are all these? D-Does imagination have sound effects too? C-Crap, I Think too much. Even Sunny is not awake. I am sure this is just imagination." she encouraged herself opening the window looking around.

No One. She relieved"See! No one. Stupid Imagin-" she heard a man whistle.

Her breath hitched as she looked down.

A tall man with a black coat, who had long brushed back hair looked up to her.

Keeping his hands in pocket he said with a smirk."Got you!"