CH-6

Break In

"Ouch"! Miya bumped her knee into the car seat while she was getting in. "You are so weak. Idiot" Said Sunny as she closed the car door. 

"It's not my fault, I got cramps due to today's practice. I can barely move" Miya said while holding her knee. "How did your practice go?" Sunny asked as the cab driver started the engine.

Miya's eyes lit up because she enjoyed her practice that day.

"It was awesome, I am sure even others are having cramps like me. You should have seen our practice today, I spiked so hard that my hands were red. IT WENT LIKE WHOOSH!" Miya said with excitement while waving her hand up to down. "LIKE WHOOSH" Miya said again. "Like whoosh!*mimics Miya* Yeah I got it. You had a good day. Nice."

Miya just smiled recalling the practice session. Sunny looked outside the window while thinking about what they were doing. They told their parents that they are having a sleepover at Chandu's house when in reality they are on their way to Mr.Renu's house. It's a crazy plan and they're in huge trouble if they are caught. It's a huge risk. Sunny continues thinking and then Miya snaps her out of those thoughts.

"Earth to Sunny? Are you listening to me?" Miya asked. "It's nothing. I was just thinking about what I should write for the Story writing competition this Saturday. Sunny lied because she didn't want to bother Miya.

"That's nice I'll be participating in the volleyball tournament and you in the writing competition. We will both win!" Said Miya and was quite energetic even though it's nighttime. God knows where she gets all this energy from Sunny wonders. By the way what were you saying earlier?" Sunny asks.

"So I was saying that........" Miya paused and she forgot about what she was saying. Sunny sighed while shaking her head thinking it's unbelievable that the girl sitting in front of her is good at everything. The school calls her 'All-Rounder'.

"You are so clever," Sunny says sarcastically while she fake claps. She continues "Just tell me when you remember". "I remember. So I was saying that I don't know if what I'm doing is right or wrong and I don't know what the outcome will be, But I know one thing. Miss Joyce is not guilty." Miya said. 

Sunny just stared at her. "We can stop this if you believe that one fact" Miya continued.

"I don't know why you think Miss Joyce is innocent but I...I mean we saw a man die and did nothing about it. I still feel like we should've done something for him. If not Miss Joyce, I want to know who did it and why they did it. You act all happy and normal but I know you blame yourself for it. You feel like you should've done something too so... Maybe if we find out who did this, we can do something about it." Said Sunny as she looked at Miya.

She gave a warm smile as she was happy that Sunny knew what she felt like back then. Miya then asked the driver how far the destination was. The driver replied it will probably take 15 minutes. 

Miya was all pumped up for the 'big investigation' as she was a big fan of detective work. She couldn't believe that she was doing something like this.

Sunny just saw her 'little sister' getting all excited. "Remember why we're here. Be careful." Soon they arrived at Mr.Renu's house and Miya was surprised. "Are psychologists that rich to have such a big house? This is amazing."

She continued staring at the house quite amused. "They can do many things kid" Sunny replied proudly. Miya tch-ed

They looked around making sure no one was around. The main gate was locked. Obviously. "What now? You got a key or something?" Sunny asked. Miya looked at the gate and then at Sunny. Miya took a deep breath and Sunny understood what she was thinking about. She shook her head while Miya was nodded back as a reply. Sunny gave up and looked at the gate and asked "How?".